<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review <>

Looks great, cannot wait! my first and only MOS figure :lol

Could you take a pic of how the cape attaches to the back? and also, with the helmet head on is his neck still visible? Thank you

Thought you got Superman, bud?

Thought you got Superman, bud?

Nope, he came in to my LCS... looked at him and passed :lol

body is just too odly proportioned for me to look past. Actually I now think that Supes body was made for Zod (thin waist to accommodate armor) and thay just decided to get 2 uses out of it. Shame as i like the design of supes, ill just wait for the next movie ver in 2+ years :D

I see. Wow, collectors like you are very rare LOL I know some who only gets the lead characters from each line, but rarely someone who gets the supporting cast alone. I think it's smart though -- getting only those that you think is best, especially since this is an expensive hobby.

But yeah, Jor El and Zod may not be as popular as Superman upon release, but I see that these may end up being like the next Two-Face as chances of their getting remade are slim. Superman we'd definitely see a new figure of til the 3rd movie :)

I see. Wow, collectors like you are very rare LOL I know some who only gets the lead characters from each line, but rarely someone who gets the supporting cast alone. I think it's smart though -- getting only those that you think is best, especially since this is an expensive hobby.

Yeah Zod is just pure badass, even in the movie I was a bit more on his side (greater good ideology and preservation of his race) plus the Armor design sucks me right in, I feel the same towards him as I do the ringwraiths if that makes any sense...

My Hot Toys collecting went through a major over haul last year, scaled way way back on what ill give them money for, especially when they pull **** like Midas or the new Movie Promo cap, they can go stuff themselves, theyre getting the bare minimum from me :lol

Yeah Zod is just pure badass, even in the movie I was a bit more on his side (greater good ideology and preservation of his race) plus the Armor design sucks me right in, I feel the same towards him as I do the ringwraiths if that makes any sense...

My Hot Toys collecting went through a major over haul last year, scaled way way back on what ill give them money for, especially when they pull **** like Midas or the new Movie Promo cap, they can go stuff themselves, theyre getting the bare minimum from me :lol

Yeah, that ringwraith-ish designs for the exiled Kryptonians effectively made them scarier and look hostile, IMO.

My collection's got trimmed down as well. Gotta be pickier this time, which is getting harder the way HT and other companies churn out better and better figures lately.

Yeah, that ringwraith-ish designs for the exiled Kryptonians effectively made them scarier and look hostile, IMO.

My collection's got trimmed down as well. Gotta be pickier this time, which is getting harder the way HT and other companies churn out better and better figures lately.

Agreed, which has been long needed in the 1/6 markets, HT's had their monopoly for far too long :lol

Though I think some HT's pieces have been rushed and some pieces are getting the full attention they need (new spidey and to a lesser extent WS line) so it makes it a very tiny bit easier haha

what lines are you collecting now?

Agreed, which has been long needed in the 1/6 markets, HT's had their monopoly for far too long :lol

Though I think some HT's pieces have been rushed and some pieces are getting the full attention they need (new spidey and to a lesser extent WS line) so it makes it a very tiny bit easier haha

what lines are you collecting now?

I really have high hopes that the final product of Spidey would turn out great.

I'm more focused on Super-heroes now as it's more connected to my work and they are great reference materials, so I might still end up getting Zod if I get to find him at a good price :) I've sold my Preds and Terminators save for the Endos as they are good references for mechas/robotics :D

Zod's the only figure i'm getting from this line as well; i actually wasn't a fan of the armor look when it was first revealed (i'm a "less is more" kind of guy) and i assumed it would look atrocious when in motion; but after watching the movie it was pretty much the opposite effect and i ended up loving the look. Shannon's performance certainly didn't hurt my perception of the character either.

Some thought: i think if any of the details look soft it's because the armor is basically a uniform grey with minimal black wash or weathering. Like rorywan said it's probably much better in person when the reflective surfaces come into play.

The headsculpt works in way more poses than i thought it would; granted most of those are psycho/creepy guy poses but still.

Also it looks like he can get into a sitting pose; thats pretty impressive given his uber-complex design.

I really have high hopes that the final product of Spidey would turn out great.

I'm more focused on Super-heroes now as it's more connected to my work and they are great reference materials, so I might still end up getting Zod if I get to find him at a good price :) I've sold my Preds and Terminators save for the Endos as they are good references for mechas/robotics :D

Preds are one line I cant let go of :lol

My first love. Im trying to stick with Marvel mainly (as pred releases are few and far between these days), tried staying with just IM but WS won me over. need to stay picky though

All the toy reviewers commented that the headscupt very well done and the armor is superbly done, very realistic even though it's made of plastic. Very well articulated etc.......I just don't know how some smart a@# could just give irresponsible comments as if he or she had the item in hand?! Soft detailing.....haha just full of crap

Yup. Still not sold.

Funny how Supes is actually taller than Zod even when wearing that armor.

Lol at the Hasbro hair comment, so true indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the toy reviewers commented that the headscupt very well done and the armor is superbly done, very realistic even though it's made of plastic. Very well articulated etc.......I just don't know how some smart a@# could just give irresponsible comments as if he or she had the item in hand?! Soft detailing.....haha just full of crap

Irresponsible comment? Wtf?

It's the man's opinion, genius. And what if some think that the figure looks underwhelming?

Sorry duplicated this post :(

I think I'd have been tempted if he came with a regular head - sculpt rather than the 'grrr-face!'

Sent from my mobile thingummabob!

Last edited:

Irresponsible comment? Wtf?

It's the man's opinion, genius. And what if some think that the figure looks underwhelming?

Yeah he commented as if he saw the thing right in front of him...how is that responsible? Also don't buy....could see so many just complains but nothing is done....stop being sour haha

Alot of times people that didn't have any real interest in the figure in the first place, are usually the ones who throw out the negative comments. Not sure what the soft detailing on the armor comments are all about. It's cool tho. Not everyone is gonna like the same things. For me. I'm pretty excited for this.

OMG great work as always with the pics!
The figure though for me is a pass.
Even with OMG's great pics there's something off about this sculpt.
An easy pass,glad I didn't order it.

Yeah he commented as if he saw the thing right in front of him...how is that responsible? Also don't buy....could see so many just complains but nothing is done....stop being sour haha

OMG's photos have always given a pretty clear view of the detail on a figure.... His photos are sometimes so good that I am a little disappointed when I have a figure in hand. I can't think of one time that I have thought a product looked better in person than it did in OMG's pics.

So if the detailing appeared soft to Rory in the pics... You can be pretty darned sure that they would appear that way or worse to him in hand. :)

I personally agree with him. Some of the finer details do look a little soft, probably due to how intricate the armor is.

...and the hair is indeed very Hasbro-ish.

Sallah

Back