are microwaves bad for you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microwaves bad for you?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score
i was reading up on this but some people say they are bad and some people don't. what's the deal? the obvious answer is "yes otherwise they wouldn't let companies sell them" but i see a lot of people saying it does harm.

are they safe?

I heard monsters live in microwave ovens...

giphy.gif

I'm assuming you're referring specifically to 'microwave ovens', rather than with respect to electromagnetic radiation generally.

mr-pedantic.png

I'm assuming you're referring specifically to 'microwave ovens', rather than with respect to electromagnetic radiation generally.

mr-pedantic.png

I've always just know them as microwaves. I never hear people say ovens in here

I always cover my nuts before hitting start on the microwave. (it doesn't help that it's at crotch level)

:lol

I have heard it is advisable not to stand in front of it when its on. Like when somebody's getting an X-Ray done, do not be in the same room or something like that. :dunno

I think only God could know the answer for this. :D

I've never actually eaten anything out of a microwave, not because I'm avoiding them, I've just never had one.

i was reading up on this but some people say they are bad and some people don't. what's the deal? the obvious answer is "yes otherwise they wouldn't let companies sell them" but i see a lot of people saying it does harm.

are they safe?

Interesting read......"Do microwaves, in fact, leak radiation? Technically, yes, but don’t get your knickers in a twist. Microwaves are a non-ionizing form of radiation: Their frequency is so low they don’t have enough energy to damage the DNA in our cells. Other sources of non-ionizing radiation include the infrared lamps that keep food warm in restaurants, radios, televisions, and the computer screen you are staring at right now."

https://www.takepart.com/article/2013/02/26/jane-says-everything-you-know-about-microwaves-wrong

are they safe?

Crows, there is no one really looking out for us so please don't ever think that as a basis. As with madcow testing, many times the standards testing process is not very good, then there aren't enough government people to enforce and check the safety measures that are in place to ensure they are being done.

We are long past the point we know cigarettes are not healthy, but poison, but are still sold legally. This is a not a "is smoking is wrong" speech, but if they are not safe and are in fact poison, would a system that was looking out for you actually still allow them to be sold?

Never assume people are actually looking out for you (as they should be).

that's what I always thought but all of the sudden a lot of people are saying they are not safe.

that's what I always thought but all of the sudden a lot of people are saying they are not safe.

It's just like anything else, there's always someone who'll say it's bad. I've had friends tell me how bad meat is for you all the while smoking a cigarette. So........pffffffft.

I think there prob safe, its the **** u put in them to eat which is not safe.....:)

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

What exactly are you referring to? The risk of radiation leakage? The risk of cooking food in them? The danger posed to those underneath a falling microwave oven?

I never cook or reheat food in plastic containers, but that's not due to the microwave oven but how plastics behave when heated. What are these people you're referring to talking about when they talk about safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back