which movie had the worst sequels? (terminator/predator/alien/robocop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which had the worst sequels

• Terminator ( T3, T Salvation)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Predator (P2, Predators)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Alien (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Robocop ( R2, R3

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • AVP movies (AVP, AVPR)

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Alien 3 (special edition) and Prometheus are both on par with Aliens and shouldn't be on the list. Nor should P2.

AvP is supposed to be a different franchise...they aren't really sequels to any of the A/P films.

I went with Robocop sequels. Haven't seen them, but if people say they're worse than Robocop I have little doubt that they're the worst on that list (excluding AvP films).

Mate.... maaaaaaaate. I know you dig on Prometheus, but you can't have missed the visceral hatred that this movie has stirred up in a LOT of moviegoers - it absolutely should be on this list :lol

(...but it's more of a prequel than a sequel, so perhaps shouldn't be on the list for that reason)

I actually forgot about Prometheus. Errrrr, well it doesn't change how I would vote. Robocop still gets it for not getting a single good sequel. I thought the remake was decent but I'm not counting that here.

The only complaints I see are either people upset with how the engineer/space jockey was portrayed because it wasn't what they expected, that things weren't spoon fed to them, or that certain characters made stupid decisions (something practically every sci-fi film shares).

Until people come up with legit reasons as to why it's an awful movie, no, I don't believe it belongs on the "worst sequel" list.

Does it have flaws? Of course. Is it awful? Not even close.

Resurrection is the only movie I think deserves to be on this list from the Alien franchise, and I don't think Resurrection is awful either.

The only complaints I see are either people upset with how the engineer/space jockey was portrayed because it wasn't what they expected, that things weren't spoon fed to them, or that certain characters made stupid decisions (something practically every sci-fi film shares).

Until people come up with legit reasons as to why it's an awful movie, no, I don't believe it belongs on the "worst sequel" list.

Does it have flaws? Of course. Is it awful? Not even close.

Resurrection is the only movie I think deserves to be on this list from the Alien franchise, and I don't think Resurrection is awful either.

Well that's because you are such a fan that you are blind to the criticisms. Believe me, there have been more compaints than you suggest.

Without turning this into the Prometheus thread all over again, I'll just say that, while yes, many movies have characters making stupid decisions, the decisions made in Prometheus by just about every single character every step of the way until the credits roll, is stupid.

The bit that lost me for good in that movie is when the dude who is scared witless of anything that moves, happily reaches out to coo and pet at a freaking murky-water snake-like thing that, inevitably, leaves him in a bloody mess. I would've walked out right then and there if I could bring myself to believe that the movie couldn't possibly get more ridiculous than that. But I didn't, and it did.

Cripes. Even thinking back to that movie makes my blood boil :lol

Robocop.

At least Terminator had a good run with T2 and the amazing TSCC, Alien had a great sequel, Predator 2 ain't all that bad and AVP had its moments. With Robocop, there's just nothing from the squeals that could even live up to the ideas, satire, tone and juxtaposition and sheer brilliance of the first movie. Anything following that feels like a joke and a guilty pleasure at best.

RoboCop 3 and then I would have to say Terminator 3. Oh, and I will have to add the Kick-Ass 2, Anchorman 2 - The Legend Continues & Grown Ups 2 movies to my list of terrible sequels.

I hate you for making this thread Blackmask.

Well that's because you are such a fan that you are blind to the criticisms. Believe me, there have been more compaints than you suggest.
Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.

In all seriousness though, that's not true. I strive to separate my personal enjoyment of a film from it's quality. I've watched the movie several times, I've read probably every last complaint in the film's thread.

About 50% of complaints are things people didn't understand but could have if they paid closer attention or read between the lines, 25% are stupid character decisions, and the other 25% are people who already had the space jockey origin built up in their heads for the past 30 years and couldn't let go of it.

Without turning this into the Prometheus thread all over again, I'll just say that, while yes, many movies have characters making stupid decisions, the decisions made in Prometheus by just about every single character every step of the way until the credits roll, is stupid.
"every step of the way until the credits roll"... Yeah, that's definitely hyperbole.

Characters in The Walking Dead make far stupider decisions far more often and people are obsessed with that show.

The bit that lost me for good in that movie is when the dude who is scared witless of anything that moves, happily reaches out to coo and pet at a freaking murky-water snake-like thing that, inevitably, leaves him in a bloody mess. I would've walked out right then and there if I could bring myself to believe that the movie couldn't possibly get more ridiculous than that. But I didn't, and it did.
A character touching something he shouldn't have in a sci-fi/horror film? Blasphemous!

Kinda like hopping down to a chamber in a derelict spacecraft full of enormous eggs, realizing there are life forms inside them, touching them and then when they open shoving your face right over them...yeah, but that only happens in Prometheus.

The funny thing is, there's a deleted scene showing that same character, Milburn, being beyond excited to find these small, seemingly harmless worm-like creatures earlier in the film. That explains why he was so excited to see the hammerpede. Shame they didn't leave that scene in.

i didnt expect robocop to win so easily. But then again it had the least votes in the other thread so...:lol

AVP by far...

Terminator 3 was pretty good IMO, and gets a lot of unjustified hatred I think. Plus, the ending with John picking up the radio transmitter in the bunker as the nukes are dropping is a perfect way of tying up the trilogy.

TS just felt needless, largely because the proposed Future War Trilogy never materialised.

I hate you for making this thread Blackmask.

Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.

In all seriousness though, that's not true. I strive to separate my personal enjoyment of a film from it's quality. I've watched the movie several times, I've read probably every last complaint in the film's thread.

About 50% of complaints are things people didn't understand but could have if they paid closer attention or read between the lines, 25% are stupid character decisions, and the other 25% are people who already had the space jockey origin built up in their heads for the past 30 years and couldn't let go of it.

"every step of the way until the credits roll"... Yeah, that's definitely hyperbole.

Characters in The Walking Dead make far stupider decisions far more often and people are obsessed with that show.

A character touching something he shouldn't have in a sci-fi/horror film? Blasphemous!

Kinda like hopping down to a chamber in a derelict spacecraft full of enormous eggs, realizing there are life forms inside them, touching them and then when they open shoving your face right over them...yeah, but that only happens in Prometheus.

The funny thing is, there's a deleted scene showing that same character, Milburn, being beyond excited to find these small, seemingly harmless worm-like creatures earlier in the film. That explains why he was so excited to see the hammerpede. Shame they didn't leave that scene in.

the reason it sucks is because this idiot ruined a great script...

Ti8ic0N.jpg

most of the plot problems and the questions everyone has problems with were solved before he came in. the movie made much more sense.

And I Like prometheus, yet i can see why people would hate it. it took me a while to warm up to it.

Back