which movie had the worst sequels? (terminator/predator/alien/robocop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which had the worst sequels

• Terminator ( T3, T Salvation)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Predator (P2, Predators)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Alien (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Robocop ( R2, R3

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • AVP movies (AVP, AVPR)

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
Heh, amusing video. Though, it does make Prometheus sound quite crap now after seeing it.

Not really. Just makes the characters' decisions seem less intelligent, which is something I've always agreed with. She even says herself that there are things in the final version that were done much better than they were in the Spaihts script, like the portrayal of David and the overall mysterious nature of the film. The mystery is probably the most appealing thing about the film to me, followed by the visuals and the score.

So glad it wasn't a generic, black-and-white story that spelled everything out for you. The stuff that you need to know in the film is there if you read between the lines, but a lot of things were purposely unexplained.

Charlie's original death scene and Shaw's med-pod scene sound amazing. Both would have been truly horrifying to witness.

Not really. Just makes the characters' decisions seem less intelligent, which is something I've always agreed with. She even says herself that there are things in the final version that were done much better than they were in the Spaihts script, like the portrayal of David and the overall mysterious nature of the film. The mystery is probably the most appealing thing about the film to me, followed by the visuals and the score.

So glad it wasn't a generic, black-and-white story that spelled everything out for you. The stuff that you need to know in the film is there if you read between the lines, but a lot of things were purposely unexplained.

Charlie's original death scene and Shaw's med-pod scene sound amazing. Both would have been truly horrifying to witness.

there were a couple of things that were good according to what she was saying but that's just grasping at straws. The original script is clearly much better.
Hell even the deleted scenes make the movie better. I Still like the movie a lot but I can understand why people hate it.

One thing is to have a movie that is not genetic black and white story that spelled out everything, but another thing is to create questions that will never get answered and confuse the hell out of everyone. This is not Lost, in a tv show I can understand leaving huge questions unanswered and create mystery because you will have more episodes to work on it and develop it more.
In a movie you don't get that. make it too obscure and too mysterious and you are going to lose a lot of people in the audience. I Still like the movie, but there are a lot of things from the first script that Indeed do sound amazing.

Oh I love good twists or mind bender films but after seeing that review the film now appears very flat. What could have been.

Though true about the death scene. It would have been less money in the theatres… Though I do wish Fifield appeared like the review. That would have been great to see something scarier.

there were a couple of things that were good according to what she was saying but that's just grasping at straws. The original script is clearly much better.
Hell even the deleted scenes make the movie better. I Still like the movie a lot but I can understand why people hate it.

One thing is to have a movie that is not genetic black and white story that spelled out everything, but another thing is to create questions that will never get answered and confuse the hell out of everyone. This is not Lost, in a tv show I can understand leaving huge questions unanswered and create mystery because you will have more episodes to work on it and develop it more.
In a movie you don't get that. make it too obscure and too mysterious and you are going to lose a lot of people in the audience. I Still like the movie, but there are a lot of things from the first script that Indeed do sound amazing.
Like I said, the things you need to understand for the movie to develop are there, you just have to look harder for them. The stuff that wasn't explained at all and only kinda hinted at, like the wall mural/altar, space jockey Jesus, what killed the engineers there, etc, none of that needed an explanation for the main plot of the film to be understood. All of those things were goodies left for speculation and to be explored in what I assume at the time was a guaranteed sequel. Hell, the original plan for Prometheus was two films.

Like I said, the things you need to understand for the movie to develop are there, you just have to look harder for them. The stuff that wasn't explained at all and only kinda hinted at, like the wall mural/altar, space jockey Jesus, what killed the engineers there, etc, none of that needed an explanation for the main plot of the film to be understood. All of those things were goodies left for speculation and to be explored in what I assume at the time was a guaranteed sequel. Hell, the original plan for Prometheus was two films.

the thing is that a the end of the day a movie is a visual experience. If Promtheus was a book and left you with all those questions and all those hints then okay that would be fine.

But the way I see it is that they left out all these great things that would have looked amazing on film for the sake of obscurity and mystery.

From a visual stand point alone the fact that they said no to some of the stuff in the original script in favor of leaving the audience guessing was a big miss for me.

I really hope the sequel really makes it exciting, seeing cities or something. Something big that another planet should hold. I always love it when they say terraforming. It always creates that great fantasy. :D

Then disappointing when there's not much to it.

the thing is that a the end of the day a movie is a visual experience. If Promtheus was a book and left you with all those questions and all those hints then okay that would be fine.

But the way I see it is that they left out all these great things that would have looked amazing on film for the sake of obscurity and mystery.

From a visual stand point alone the fact that they said no to some of the stuff in the original script in favor of leaving the audience guessing was a big miss for me.
I think Ridley has a general idea of where everything is headed, and the initial plan was to introduce these obscure subplots in Prometheus and let people soak them in and speculate until the sequel(s) came out. At the same time though I hope not everything ends up being explained.

One of the best things about Alien is the mystery surrounding the space jockey. It was never explored in the movie, you had no idea what it was, what happened to it, why the eggs were on it's ship, why they were in stasis, etc. It raised so many questions that were all left to speculation and made this already rich and vast universe seem even grander. The main plot of the film though, a crew of space truckers trying to survive a monster on their ship, was explained as much as it needed to be. Now obviously the obscure and unexplained plotlines in Prometheus are more integral to the main plot of the film than the derelict craft and space jockey were to Alien's main plot, but I think that's because the plan all along was to have them explored in more films, and I don't think the movie suffers because of it.

the one thing that kind of bothers me is that the original writer of the first script is not even attached....

And the fact that the new guy is the one who wrote Green Lantern leaves me worried.

Still haven't seen Green Lantern though. :lol

I wish I could erase it from my memory. what a waste of talent and resources. literally a waste of time and money.

Dumb and Dumber

Howling

Jaws

Halloween

Rocky

Ocean's Eleven (remake)

The NeverEnding Story

Shrek

And here i thought, this is a really good thread!
Then open it to realize i made it :lol :lol
Totally forgot :lol :lol

Worst would be the Police Academy films. Its debatable how good the original is but each film got progressively worse until we get to Mission To Moscow.:horror

Best film sequels are the Dollars trilogy imo.

Of the choices in this poll, Robocop FTW easily.

I think the Scary Movie series had some of the worst sequels ever, with the only remotely good sequel being 3 and the rest being complete dumpster fires IMO.

The Matrix hands down wins for this. I enjoyed some of the sequels from some of the franchises listed. None of The Matrix sequels were any good at all.

Back