which movie had the worst sequels? (terminator/predator/alien/robocop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which had the worst sequels

• Terminator ( T3, T Salvation)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Predator (P2, Predators)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Alien (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Robocop ( R2, R3

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • AVP movies (AVP, AVPR)

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters
You've already finished it? It's a heck of a long read or maybe I just think that because when I read it I was in work and it took my entire shift.

I am reading right now, But the fact that the writers didn't even like Terminator made me mad. No wonder it sucked :lol

I am reading right now, But the fact that the writers didn't even like Terminator made me mad. No wonder it sucked :lol

Some of that article is poorly written while other parts are well written, almost like more than one person worked on it. I also think they exaggerate the T-1000's abilities while making their point about how TX was a step back- but otherwise it's spot on.

The Robocop sequels didn't even interest me enough to watch them ... so that'll get my vote. At least I was intrigued enough to watch all the Terminators, Predators and Aliens. The worst of that group was the last Alien movie.

SnakeDoc

If that's a serious question, just watch Red Letter Media's review. What they have to say about it reflects the haters' hate for it.

To be honest I never read peoples so called opinions from review sites or videos on movies. Somebody will always ***** about them no matter what and portray it like it's gospel.

I like to always get a build up of the marketing fluff, to seeing it, to enjoy it at home several times before taking any sites/videos or any form of criticism onboard or it just becomes tainted. Like quite a number of people have experienced. Most times I check out IMDB but from most times they don't rip things to shreds like some places do.

To be honest I never read peoples so called opinions from review sites or videos on movies. Somebody will always ***** about them no matter what and portray it like it's gospel.

I like to always get a build up of the marketing fluff, to seeing it, to enjoy it at home several times before taking any sites/videos or any form of criticism onboard or it just becomes tainted. Like quite a number of people have experienced. Most times I check out IMDB but from most times they don't rip things to shreds like some places do.

But if you want an idea about why those who loathe the movie loathe the movie, that review sums it all up very nicely. You asked what's so bad about it, but all the whining has been given a good airing in the Prometheus thread and I don't have anything new to add but more of the same whining.

I’m not going to include Robocop 3 because it have been to long since I have watched it to give a opinion. The most disappointing for me is “Predators”. It is a horrible movie that has no identity because of the homage to the original and “three Predator” team as in AVP. Even the structure of how they are killed of is a exact template to AVP. One gets killed off way to fast, Once had a fight scene and dies and the last is our “hero” Predator….that dies! I also hate that so much of the movie takes part in the Predators camp. Cheap tricks buy the studio. The camp design was so horrible that if I close my eyes I don’t even know what it looks like. The only thought I have is “Sanford and Sons….junk yard.

But if you want an idea about why those who loathe the movie loathe the movie, that review sums it all up very nicely. You asked what's so bad about it, but all the whining has been given a good airing in the Prometheus thread and I don't have anything new to add but more of the same whining.

Yeah but even so many make it their business to slate great movies over the smallest things. Implying other films. There's some real twisted people out there. Some people are so bad they want others that enjoyed it to hate it just so they can feel better about their hatred for it. I don't understand it.

Then there's some who claim movies are such an "epic fail" that there's a sequel coming.

Look at the Fast and the Furious franchise. Some were so bad you could have sworn it's canned. Fast 5 and 6 were better. You could watch it several times just for entertainment. Then you see the first 3 or 4? and see how bad it has aged. The majority of the actors acting is cheesy. Yet it didn't seem THAT bad in 2001. It's like watching actors overacting.

What a lame trend those films started back in 2001 - 2004. All the wannabe boy racers with the blue headlights, fully loaded car boot/stereos and straight through exhausts. As well as the low profile tyres and body skirts and spoilers. Blacked out windows and so on. Revving everywhere looking like idiots.

I always find some movie critics a weird bunch. They slag one movie of the same sort of style then praise one thats very similar.

Yeah but even so many make it their business to slate great movies over the smallest things. Implying other films. There's some real twisted people out there. Some people are so bad they want others that enjoyed it to hate it just so they can feel better about their hatred for it. I don't understand it.

Then there's some who claim movies are such an "epic fail" that there's a sequel coming.

Look at the Fast and the Furious franchise. Some were so bad you could have sworn it's canned. Fast 5 and 6 were better. You could watch it several times just for entertainment. Then you see the first 3 or 4? and see how bad it has aged. The majority of the actors acting is cheesy. Yet it didn't seem THAT bad in 2001. It's like watching actors overacting.

What a lame trend those films started back in 2001 - 2004. All the wannabe boy racers with the blue headlights, fully loaded car boot/stereos and straight through exhausts. As well as the low profile tyres and body skirts and spoilers. Blacked out windows and so on. Revving everywhere looking like idiots.

I always find some movie critics a weird bunch. They slag one movie of the same sort of style then praise one thats very similar.

For me it was about suspension of disbelief. Some events and actions get a pass by the audience, and some become insurmountable obstacles to the enjoyment of the movie. The plot inconsistencies in Prometheus didn't both you, but for many people they went beyond creative license and ventured into the unacceptably far-fetched. I can accept a lot of things in a movie so long as they are consistent with the movie's universe - unfortunately I found myself repeatedly distracted by the narrative and character treatment, and it ruined the entire movie for me.

well vodoun you asked a legitimate question and Lejuan gave a legitimate answer. red letter media did a greatreview of it.

there are other excellent reviews, like this chick. She does NOT trash the movie, she does a great in depth analysis on what worked and what didn't work and how the script changed and ruined some stuff
she explains a lot of the movie's background and process

the biggest problem? The stupid Script Changes, the movie was perfect before they mess it up with rewrites
she does an excellent review about this

the original script explains and fixes all the plot holes the movie has now

Last edited:
Back