which movie had the worst sequels? (terminator/predator/alien/robocop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which had the worst sequels

• Terminator ( T3, T Salvation)

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Predator (P2, Predators)

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Alien (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus)

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Robocop ( R2, R3

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • AVP movies (AVP, AVPR)

Votes: 15 23.8%

• Total voters

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score
So jye4ever made the thread of Which is the best of the 4?

I thought it would be interesting and fun to see which one had the worst sequels made. (I Added AVP movies because they don't really belong to Predator Or Alien but they are still kind of in those universes)

i can watch all the films listed in this except the Robocop sequels. They are hot garbage. No redeeming qualities. Abominations of film.

I really do hate Prometheus though... Can i just vote for it separately?

This is a really tough choice. Some are equally as bad and some are just passable to watch while some you'd only watch once and never again.

This is a really tough choice. Some are equally as bad and some are just passable to watch while some you'd only watch once and never again.

yeah, I figured since Jye's thread was interesting because of the results, I wonder what would happen if we vote for the worst instead of the best .

AVP movies are the worst IMO, but I'm not sure how it is eligible if the first film is listed alongside the sequel here. That franchise never had a good, first movie. It's just the worst overall franchise I guess.

I wouldn't count the AvPs at all. So excluding those I went for Robocop.

The Terminator got T2 which, even if you resent its popularity over the original, it must be admitted that its a good film on some level. I happen to think its a great film. T3 is crap and T4 is largely forgettable but that's still one good sequel.

Alien got Aliens and Alien 3. A lot of people look on Alien 3 favourably these days, particularly after the special edition came out. Alien 4 was the only truly crap film in this franchise IMO.

Predator 2 is a good film, its canon to me as much as the first. I thought Predators was alright too, but that's just me.

Robocop on the other hand stands alone. It did not get a single good sequel. IMO the 2014 film is better than Robocop 2 and 3.

So I voted for Robocop here.

AVP movies are the worst IMO, but I'm not sure how it is eligible if the first film is listed alongside the sequel here. That franchise never had a good, first movie. It's just the worst overall franchise I guess.

I wouldn't count the AvPs at all. So excluding those I went for Robocop.

The Terminator got T2 which, even if you resent its popularity over the original, it must be admitted that its a good film on some level. I happen to think its a great film. T3 is crap and T4 is largely forgettable but that's still one good sequel.

Alien got Aliens and Alien 3. A lot of people look on Alien 3 favourably these days, particularly after the special edition came out. Alien 4 was the only truly crap film in this franchise IMO.

Predator 2 is a good film, its canon to me as much as the first. I thought Predators was alright too, but that's just me.

Robocop on the other hand stands alone. It did not get a single good sequel. IMO the 2014 film is better than Robocop 2 and 3.

So I voted for Robocop here.

I wasn't sure what to do with them since they are technically both Predator and Alien sequels.

Is there a way to delete them ?

• Terminator ( T3, T Salvation) T3 I've watched more than 4 times due to Claire Danes. Shes awww! I like T Salvation due to the army feel it has with those low colours like the video game Enemy Territory Quake Wars. It's not a great film but it's passable. It's like one of those films you could watch once or twice a year if you're after a somewhat dark gritty film.
enemy-territory-quake-wars-ws-10.w800.jpg

enemy_territory_01.jpg

• Predator (P2, Predators) Predator 2 seen several times. Been ages now. It has that strange feel as Robocop2 Something cheesy or late 80s. Predators, I've honestly not seen it. Only saw some parts on Sky. It felt a bit meh. Like please stop trying so hard.
  • Alien (Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus) Alien 3, again seen many times. Most are usually on at some point in broadcast. Alien Resurrection, I don't know how you could describe it. Some of it is gross, some creepy, some strangely freaky, funny moments and overall it feels cheesy.
Prometheus. I really have watched it more than 6 times. It's the best out of this lot. Noomi Rapace. :wink1:

• Robocop ( R2, R3) Robocop2 isn't bad. Sometimes feels cheesy. It's like one of those films you watch when TV is overall so bad there's really nothing or you're so bored.
  • Robocop3, haha! I wouldn't watch it if I was bored. It's stupid. It's like a cheesy TV series set to film mode. So many stupid dorky moments as the acting is so bad.
  • AVP movies (AVP, AVPR) AVP is watchable, I like most of the build up for the first hour/mission to the pyramid. After that it starts to feel like every other sequel. You could watch it several times over many years and never again. Or maybe a few temptations. It's passable.
AVPR Lol, once. Never again. Dire.

I don't know, in different ways and in weird similarities they all feel much of a muchness. Maybe I'm getting old but even these films make you feel old like it's time to let them go. Move on.

It's really a very tough choice. Robocop and AVP sequels are tied.

Lets take this Poll to Hollywood after were all done in hopes that they stop making the garbage known as AVP movies. Robocop 2/3 is the runner up for me, pretty bad. The new reboot I thought was better than the original however

Alien 3 (special edition) and Prometheus are both on par with Aliens and shouldn't be on the list. Nor should P2.

AvP is supposed to be a different franchise...they aren't really sequels to any of the A/P films.

I went with Robocop sequels. Haven't seen them, but if people say they're worse than Robocop I have little doubt that they're the worst on that list (excluding AvP films).

I'd have to agree with that. The first AvP movie was kind of a let down, except for the ending fight scene with Alien Queen and Scar Predator. I guess it also spawned the line of ridiculously expensive Hot Toys figures on the secondary market.

Back