Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - 12th Doctor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
10268658_10153069787766002_8705952222397324498_n.jpg

Okay, so I posted this in the 11th 7b figure thread thinking it was the sculpt for the 12th Doctor head that will include. BUT, as was pointed out, this one has shorter hair, so it seems like it WILL be for a future 12th Doctor figure! So new thread started! Whoooo!

Im looking forward to seeing more of this. The prototype rendering looks pretty good so far.

Interesting work going on in the eyes there. I wonder how they did that.

Yes! Very cool news, nice to see BCS being bang up to date with products, IF this is a 12. But Jon, presumably they can't release or even put up for PPO a 12 until the show airs? I know from the CO range BBC WW are quite inflexible about their stupid rules (not allowing figures to be sold of anything that hasn't appeared in the show, even if a photo of that person/ monster/ outfit has been officially released and is available everywhere) and I'd be astonished if this wasn't an extra head for a 7b Eleven.

They could certainly make 12 now and put it up for order once the new season airs. :huh

It takes awhile to manufacture these right? Better to have 12 ship sooner after his preorder than later. The 2nd head theory would mean the cost for 11 would be rather higher and may take away sales from a later 12 figure.

It's definitely a digital render of the sculpt. The hair will be sculpted by hand. That's just a placeholder. This is definitely not for the 11th figure, though it sounds like he'll still get a Capaldi alternate head.

Where has BCS confirmed a second head for the 11th?

They have not officially confirmed anything, but a lot of stuff is chatted about on Facebook. Both on their page in the comments and on the BCS Fan Page. That's where all that info (digital render, hair being sculpted after it's printed, etc.) comes from. I suppose plans can always change, but it is what it is.

They have not officially confirmed anything, but a lot of stuff is chatted about on Facebook. Both on their page in the comments and on the BCS Fan Page. That's where all that info (digital render, hair being sculpted after it's printed, etc.) comes from. I suppose plans can always change, but it is what it is.

Could you post a quote from BCS? I've read all of those comments and the only thing I've seen posted are fan wishes and conjecture. No hints or plans about an alternate second head being included from BCS.

Could you post a quote from BCS? I've read all of those comments and the only thing I've seen posted are fan wishes and conjecture. No hints or plans about an alternate second head being included from BCS.

Some of it happened quite a long time ago, too, when the figure was first discussed so I have no idea where it is now. On Facebook, it's next to impossible to go back and find something, even if you could remember the exact discussion string it happened on. Some of it was discussed here, too, in other threads. Some it is said quite coyly. I think that's on purpose, until it's official. Nothing has been said officially. If you want something direct from BCS, best to just consider it all rumor until they announce something.

If memory serves, they didn't say anything about a second head, but they did talk about there being signatures from more than one person to go with the Eleven 7b figure, which was taken by many people - including me - as a strong hint to mean that it would come with a second, Capaldi head. Why else would there be more than one signature (and why would they tell us about it if they didn't want to encourage speculation?).

Of course, plans can always change, and that annoys some people, but personally I love hints, rumour and guesswork, its fun as long as you don't take it all too seriously.

Just wanted to add Jon (and I could be wrong), but the fact this has a Tardis background and the words 'regenerating soon' suggests to me this is actually an extra head for 11 7b, ie a 'regeneration version' of Eleven.

Just wanted to add Jon (and I could be wrong), but the fact this has a Tardis background and the words 'regenerating soon' suggests to me this is actually an extra head for 11 7b, ie a 'regeneration version' of Eleven.

Have you been on the fan page today on Facebook? This was my original thought, too, but was pretty much refuted.

Gotcha. Until something is written from BCS any second head or black and white version talk is purely fan speculation.

Gotcha. Until something is written from BCS any second head or black and white version talk is purely fan speculation.

Well, not PURELY fan speculation. ;) I mean, I actually think it's pretty clear if you've been following it, but I can't just lay it all out because I don't keep a file of all the bread crumbs given along the way. Part of the fun, actually, to me, is picking up those pieces. So when someone says something coy during a conversation you can go "Ahhhh, of course, I see." But that's not the same thing as "We are giving the 11th Doctor two heads" which some people seem to need/want before they take it as a given. Which I TOTALLY understand. Probably for the best. But we know with 100% certainty that's a digital sculpt and that the hair will be sculpted after it's printed. Everything else is just reading between the lines.

I haven't heard anything about a black and white version of the 1st Doctor from anyone at BCS. In fact, all I've seen is talk of thinking it'd be hard to accomplish successfully. I don't expect to see it, myself.

Again, tough to say objectively it's clear or even a hint with no quotes from BCS. Not saying you're wrong necessarily, but a fan could have just as easily misinterpreted something said and other fans repeat it as fact.

Have you been on the fan page today on Facebook? This was my original thought, too, but was pretty much refuted.

Oh - I have now, sorry Jon been away from my Mac for much of the day and didn't have time to check FB. Yes, you're right!

Back