The Amazing Spider-Man 3 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will never happen the general movie audience only know PP they don't know who miles is.

I consider myself a Marvel Comics fan, although i'm a Cosmic Marvel snob I must admit, yet I can't say I recall a Miles as Spider-Man

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I consider myself a Marvel Comics fan, although i'm a Cosmic Marvel snob I must admit, yet I can't say I recall a Miles as Spider-Man

He's the new ultimate spider-man, peter died and miles took over in the ultimate comics, I've heard his origin is about the same as peter's, having to do with oscorp and what not.

miles_morales_spider-man_02.jpg

even if the second spider-man was an option I'd rather have the Ben spider-man

BenReillyWallpaper3.jpg

Last edited:
in the Ultimate Universe Peter's dad created the Symbiote as a cancer cure. But it had gained sentience and would cause insanity. It escapes and bonds with Pete, which is what causes it to mutate into Venom.

I was thinking this, but since his father is linked to so much already, I figured they wouldn’t attach him to the Symbiote as well. I’d prefer someone else create it, or it was found and stored as Oscorp or something.

I think Miles will eventually be introduced. He’s a pretty awesome character.

I think the most Miles will ever get outside of comics will be as a filler ep of a Spider-Man cartoon. It's the same thing with Bruce Wayne/Batman. You will never get a live action movie with someone else in the cowl other than Bruce. Same goes for Pete. Miles has become very popular, but that is mostly in comic circles. No one who doesn't read them would know who he is. And the general audience would ***** about how they made Spider-Man black to "cater" to us. They did it when he was created and announced.

I'm just thinking how the spin off films will work without spider-man. I don't think we'll ever get a spider-man film without peter but how are they going to do Sinister Six without a spider-man? I could do without a peter spider-man but no spider-man at all? It just feels like it's half baked, unless it'll be venom taking on the sinister six after his stand alone movie, which I could dig, that could be cool.

This thread will probably be more relevant once The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens to the full international market, however I thought it might be worth starting a thread for speculation anyway.

Personally, I thought TASM2 was sensational, and is my favourite Spidey movie after SM2. Spider-Man, despite being part of the larger Marvel Comics Universe, has always been a character in a world largely defined as it's own. There are cross over appearances here and there, but the scope of the character and the villains makes it a large enough universe to sit alone. Spider-Man's rogues gallery and personal story is rivalled only by Batman's in my opinion. Sony appears to recognise this and is translating it into their cinematic franchise. I am really enjoying the universe they are building with this series, and I am extremely excited about seeing where they take the next installment.

Until TASM2 opens worldwide, maybe we should keep any posts with TASM2 plot details spoiler tagged.

Umm.... just one thing. The bolded part. you're quite wrong. Sider-man is more or less DEFINED as the mayor of Marvel Crossover town. he's had more teamups, and popped into and out of mor other comics at marvel than anyone else. his absence in the greater marvel pictures universe is SORELY felt.

Yes, it's fin if it's your opinion, but understand that the facts don't support that particular viewpoint.

Everything else sounds good though. Looking forward to seeing the film. Kinda saddened to hear it's good, and glad at the same time.

has anyone mentioned the possibility of another spider-man in this extended universe? If peter was genetically altered then it may be he's not the only one. Maybe the spin-off films will have Ben or Miles as a different spider-man. I could dig it if they did it right, hasn't Garfield said that ASM 3 might be his last? Introducing Ben or Miles could be a way of passing the baton without having to recast peter and keep spider-man in these spin-off films. Anyways just my crazy theories.

I'm actualy kinda hoping that sony pictures dosn't have the rights to the miles character, o the ultimate spider-man comics... and marvel pictures decides to introduce him into the greater marvel cinematic universe. Hell, we had the Ultimate universe skrulls in avengers, so why not?

Umm.... just one thing. The bolded part. you're quite wrong. Sider-man is more or less DEFINED as the mayor of Marvel Crossover town. he's had more teamups, and popped into and out of mor other comics at marvel than anyone else. his absence in the greater marvel pictures universe is SORELY felt.

Yes, it's fin if it's your opinion, but understand that the facts don't support that particular viewpoint.

Everything else sounds good though. Looking forward to seeing the film. Kinda saddened to hear it's good, and glad at the same time.

I'm not wrong, and I'm sure 99% of comic readers would agree with me. Spider-Man pretty much has it's own universe in the comics. How many guest characters may appear in his titles or how often he may appear outside of his own series isn't being disputed here. The character has enough story potential, history, and supporting characters to stand on its own feet outside of the main Marvel canon. In fact, your second point proves MY point :lol

So, you're saying that becuase he needs to cross over into the marvel movies proper, he dosn't need to do any crossovers?

For the record, he stars in a book that centers around Spidey teaming-up with other heroes. His SECOND BOOK has him going to the fantastic four for help to understand who and what he is.

a central theme of Spider-man is he's just a regular guy who can't catch a break surrounded by other lucky people. As a teen in high-school, he's a nobody.
THEN he gets super powers.. but gues what, ther are other people with powers who STILL have better luck than him. As an adult, the "jocks and bullies" get replaced by the avengers.

I'm sorry guy, but you're wrong. Spidey is now, and allways has been Crossover central in marvel comics. YES, he has some amazing independant stories. So do all comic book characters with their own title. Dosn't mean they will not benefit from being part of a larger, more involved world, and end up with ritcher, better thought out stories becuase of it.

It's your opinion, and that's fine. But again, the facts don't support it.

He's the new ultimate spider-man, peter died and miles took over in the ultimate comics, I've heard his origin is about the same as peter's, having to do with oscorp and what not.

miles_morales_spider-man_02.jpg

even if the second spider-man was an option I'd rather have the Ben spider-man

BenReillyWallpaper3.jpg

Miles Morales Origin is kinda cool actualy. He is the nephew of the Prowler. and in the ultimate comics, the prowler is a master thief.

Osborn was trying to create super soldiers in the comics, and was doing genetic research. He EVENTUALY figures out that peter is spider-man, AND has ALL of his researchers trying to RE-create EVERY spider expieriment so they can re-create spider-man.

The prowler breaks into oscorp, and accidentaly lets some of the spiders out. one of them crawls into his bag while he is stealing things.

Miles goes to visit his uncle, finds the bag, and gets bit by the spider. His powers are not IDENTICALE to peter. He has some different ones. For one, he has a touch-based toxin, that is similar to a taser. for another, he can use an optical camoflade ( turn invisable)

ALSO, the Spider-woman in the ultimates comic is a gendwerswapped clone of Peter, with organic webbing.

Miles Morales Origin is kinda cool actualy. He is the nephew of the Prowler. and in the ultimate comics, the prowler is a master thief.

Osborn was trying to create super soldiers in the comics, and was doing genetic research. He EVENTUALY figures out that peter is spider-man, AND has ALL of his researchers trying to RE-create EVERY spider expieriment so they can re-create spider-man.

The prowler breaks into oscorp, and accidentaly lets some of the spiders out. one of them crawls into his bag while he is stealing things.

Miles goes to visit his uncle, finds the bag, and gets bit by the spider. His powers are not IDENTICALE to peter. He has some different ones. For one, he has a touch-based toxin, that is similar to a taser. for another, he can use an optical camoflade ( turn invisable)

ALSO, the Spider-woman in the ultimates comic is a gendwerswapped clone of Peter, with organic webbing.

I haven't read the ultimate comics in ages so I only know what I've heard from people online, but this all sounds pretty awesome. IF sony decides to go with the norman head in a canister thing for ASM3 then I think they will go full crazy with this franchise and all bets are off and anything could happen, even a spider-man clone, it just depends how far sony wants to push this spider-man world.

I'm not wrong, and I'm sure 99% of comic readers would agree with me. Spider-Man pretty much has it's own universe in the comics. How many guest characters may appear in his titles or how often he may appear outside of his own series isn't being disputed here. The character has enough story potential, history, and supporting characters to stand on its own feet outside of the main Marvel canon. In fact, your second point proves MY point :lol

I agree. While he is in other books doing team-ups and things, HIS books are the longest running and most enduring solo character books and he has the most supporting characters and villians that center around him and dont often if at all feature elsewhere.

The difference between Spidey and other heroes is that if you cut him off from the rest of the universe he could continue on, but a Captain America, Hulk ect... Have so little solo characters that they need other crossover characters in order to function. Spider-Man does not.

Not trying to change the subject, but did you see the HTs Rhino piece, Nova? Looks awesome! (And I haven't even seen the movie yet. :lol)

Apparently Chris Cooper has followed Paul Giamatti in confirming he'll be back for ASM3, could we have 2 Green Goblins? a true GG and Harry becoming Hobgoblin? or even Iron Patriot?

looks cool but what a waste

I think just for the look alone, it'll be awesome. A prominent player? No, but still....And if he plays a role in a future film (which I believe he is), this will be a nice to have in the collection before prices shoot up.

I don't follow. please elaborate?

There's an old rumor that Walt Disney's head is frozen in a secret lab beneath the park.

Osborn's head is frozen in those bays beneath OSCORP.

My theory has been Norman is manipulating Harry via Mr. Fierce. The quicker Harry gets the Lizard formula working properly, the sooner Norman can inject it into his head and regrow his body.

Back