Question: Best places to find 1:1 helmets, props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kubrick

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title suggests I'm looking for some 1:1 Star Wars props and helmets. I picked up my first 1:1 Scout Trooper helmet from ebay for just over $350US, very happy with it the company is newimage based out of the UK.

I also picked up the eFx ANH Stormtrooper Stunt helmet for just under $200US today at a convention.

Outside of eBay, where can I buy licensed helmets and props? Are there separate forums that have good for sale sections similar to SSF but dedicated to this kind of stuff?

I'm not looking for anything specifically right now just want to get a sense of whats out there and see pricing etc.

There most certainly are.

TheRPF (Junkyard). This place is the epicenter of custom creations. You'll find all sort of things here, but ever so often, also licensed pieces for sale (e.g. eFX and MR).

https://www.therpf.com/

rebelscum. Here, you will find mainly Star Wars related collectibles. The Sideshow things are in SSC: Classified and all prop replicas can be found in Props: Classifieds, eBay & Group Orders.

https://rebelscum.com/

There's also a forum that deals mainly with Boba Fett. It has custom things for sale, but you might find licensed things as well.

https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/cargo-hold/

You need to know first what kind of helmets do you want: licensed, fan made/unlicensed, or both. From what I read above you got a licensed Stormtrooper helmet (eFX Precsion Cast) and a fan made Scout helmet (newimage58). Don't want to be the one to say it but none of the 2 are very accurate alas, and with NI58 there are other discussions too. Thus you also need to know what level of accuracy do you want for your helmets.

As Chris said there are a few forum options out there like RPF, Rebelscum, TheDentedHelmet (mostly Fett items) or Prop Den (mostly Vader items). You can also go to the FISD 501st forum where you can find out about Stormtrooper helmets, armors and blasters: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ and of course on the other 501st forums.

High end licensed helmets (crappy Rubies or the children's masks from Hasbro are not included here ;)) come from Master Replicas and eFX Collectibles. There are also some old Don Post or Altmanns helmets, but they are kind of obsolete these days.

Then there is this thread right here on this section of the forum, take your time and read about it, you might find some interesting things: Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Finally, StarWarsHelmets.com is the best helmet site out there, take a tour and read about the stuff Jez talks there: https://starwarshelmets.com/Star-Wars-licensed-helmet.htm

Good luck in your search :)

Thanks Chris and jkno. My own damn fault for not researching the helmets more before buying. Bums me out that its a recast, and a not very accurate one at that.

To be honest I dont have a huge budget for 1:1 scale stuff, I'm sure as I start to sell 1/6 stuff it'll open up a bit but I've spent just over 10,000 on 1/6 and simply can't afford the best 1:1 stuff so the efX ANH stunt had to do.

What I know I want are licensed blasters, and those do NOT come cheap from what little research I've done. Not to mention I'm in Canada so I'd be paying 100-300$ in duty and shipping.

Usually 1:1 stuff is expensive. And with Star Wars it also comes a very important word: "accuracy". When combining Star Wars with 1:1 collectibles, accuracy becomes very important. There are fan made helmets, props and studio scales that are more accurate than licensed ones. Instead of fast buying everything you first see, just wait until you get enough $ and then buy the best that is out there.

I own the MR CE TK helmet which is exactly like your eFX PCR Stormtrooper helmet, and despite its inaccuracies and symmetry I decided to keep it since I like it. I do have licensed helmets too (Limited Edition Stormie and Vader, and waiting on eFX Scout and TK lids to come up for order), but on the other hand I went for some fan made helmets that are simply fantastic.

Not sure about the rules in Canada, but you might be able to get some converted blasters - I mean made from the real deal and turned into a SW blaster. If they are well made, they will be more expensive than the MR versions, but well worth it. But you still need to read your local laws about imported replicas that look like guns.

Anyway check out my collection and if you need any info regarding the helmets I own just PM me.

Fantastic collection I've seen it before :clap

I'm not going to go crazy into the world of SW 1:1, I really only wanted the scout helmet and then happened upon the Stormtrooper today. The MR blasters just look so damn cool it's hard to not want one, the Luke ESB one might be the only licensed one I can afford.

I'm keeping my eye out for the eFx scout. In the thread someone had said price wise might be around 600-800$, does that sound close enough?

If I could I would have a dedicated Scout Trooper display with my 3 art prints, helmet, 1/6 scale and hopefully my eventual Scout PF, but that thing has been impossible to track down.

Back