Statue New Ryu Popcultureshock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So so bought,will look sick facing off against Sagat and any worries I had about the face are gone. I believe Jerry said PO's for Ryu are around the end of May. Stoked!

No interest personally but very nice.
Much, much better than the original but I'd tell myself it wasn't if I'd just spent a fortune on it :wink1:

No interest personally but very nice.
Much, much better than the original but I'd tell myself it wasn't if I'd just spent a fortune on it :wink1:

No am not just saying that cause I spent a fortune on it.... what I can say to you is... Just cause you cant afford the original of course you will be saying this new ones better in a hope you'll get a bargain on the original someday! lol

honestly I think the sculpt, udon style face, pose, is way superior to this new one! this new one dosent even look ripped, check the feet... looks like goukens feet fat and chubby, the original is ripped all around and the detail is superior, just check my RYU below and compare!

This new Ryu is horrible IMO. Just came back from WC and was not impressed at all...the face and the stance :( old > new

This new Ryu is horrible IMO. Just came back from WC and was not impressed at all...the face and the stance :( old > new

Personally I love the fighting stance. What's wrong with the face? Were their any flaws with this in person, or do you just not like the face expression/style?

I think Jerry needs to fine tune this new Ryu. A little on face, muscle definition, feet bit too fat hehe. It will probably be released 2018 :rotfl. Seriously where is E.Honda n Blanka :impatient:

But I am sure he will look great. I thought all the hardcore SF fans are over at Statue Forum. They love to fight and argue over everything..... Let's not turn this into Like SF. I also own the old Ryu, but I think this new Ryu is plus and minus if compare with the old one.

Last edited:
I do like the ready to fight poses for the PCS SF line up. As for the portrait it just doesn't look proper, also looks more native than Asian to me.

He doesn't look Japanesse for sure

Many peeps on the SF forums prefer the original to this as well, Guess more people like the comic udon version better than this more realistic version :D

Can't wait till this bad boy is out so I can add him to my collection :) . I missed out on the old one and tbh don't want to pay $1000 + for him now.

I like the life size bust portrait the best.

Super realistic that bust. Anyone have clear shot of the bust? I hope it looks just like the pcs prototype.
The original is anime. This is more realistic, I think in time we will all grow to like the new look :)

Back