how many people are still into the joes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I decided to get out of the line, I'm still into the Joes and try to follow all these threads pretty regularly.

And no offense to any of the "new" Joe collectors, but the Joe forum is a far cry from when the veteran Joe stalwarts like King Darkness, Evil Face, Skiman, Nam, the Josh, Karamazov, Kibigami, and others I can't remember (heck, I'll include myself) use to sling barbs at each other in fun and discuss the Joe figures. It seems like the momentum (for me at least) died after both Zartan and Rock N Roll went up for pre-order, what, three SDCC's ago? There were some other fine characters released after that, but I still remember the level of excitement on the boards when both Rock N Roll and Zartan went up for a surprise pre-order on the same day.

im fairly new to the SSC joe side of things...was into star wars more so....but am trying to pick up some slack and getting caught up on the joes/cobras as things go around....lol...i hate missing out on a new fig, in fear of not being able to find them later on(like most of the older stuff)...lol....but also...hate buying a new MIB fig, just "because" it's a joe/cobra....lol

No worries, you guys keep carrying the torch for the Joe figures.

I'm waiting to see the next "Joe" military style character (not counting V2 Storm Shadow).

I'm still in to Joe's and Preordered that Atrocity known as Destro :ohbfrank: hope we see some new Joe's and Cobra at SDCC. :impatient:

Well ... Back in the day the only real "Action Figure" ( now sixth scale) was the 1964 GI Joe( ahh I remember those days!) have a lot of repros , Sideshow Joes,Colton and Roadblock . So yeah in my house GI Joe is still alive!

Only collect the Cobra characters. I pre ordered Destro from the start, i like the modern take on him.
I have all the Cobra figures to date with the exception of Crimson CC & the new Storm Shadow...gonna pass on those two.
After destro i'm done with the line. Unless Sideshow announces Scrap Iron, Copperhead, Eels or Snow Serpents...thats the four to keep me in the game.
Still enjoy browsing everyone's collections & amazing customs:)

If Sideshow does Tomax and Xamot,I'll die happy!
Yes I'm still into the Sideshow Joe's too!

Yeah, with most of the command done from the first few years, I'd say these guys with Scrap Iron should definitely be on deck.

Get ready for some Gentle Giant Classic 80's 12" ARAH Jumbo's.....Gonna be hard to resist those

Are those happening? I doubt I will be able to resist some of my favorites if that happens.

probably announced at SDCC.....yeah it will be hard to resist...not sure I'll buy them all,but I'm in for my favorites

Don't know about getting them. The SW jumbos are vastly overpriced. It'd be kewl to at least see them if they are identical with original articulation and O rings.

It seems like the momentum (for me at least) died after both Zartan and Rock N Roll went up for pre-order, what, three SDCC's ago? There were some other fine characters released after that, but I still remember the level of excitement on the boards when both Rock N Roll and Zartan went up for a surprise pre-order on the same day.

Damn. Has it been that long? :monkey2

I posted on their facebook page that the Joe line was great and that it will be missed. Haven't checked to see if it was deleted yet.

Back