how many people are still into the joes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Jumbo Joes don't have the articulation, then I probably won't get them. But I wouldn't be surprised if they avoided the O-ring in lieu of a basic swivel joint.

Still into Joe's! I am reasonably new to the SSC stuff but still have a ton of Vintage Adventure Team Joe's and of course my 80's 3 3/4 ARAH as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I decided to get out of the line, I'm still into the Joes and try to follow all these threads pretty regularly.

And no offense to any of the "new" Joe collectors, but the Joe forum is a far cry from when the veteran Joe stalwarts like King Darkness, Evil Face, Skiman, Nam, the Josh, Karamazov, Kibigami, and others I can't remember (heck, I'll include myself) use to sling barbs at each other in fun and discuss the Joe figures. It seems like the momentum (for me at least) died after both Zartan and Rock N Roll went up for pre-order, what, three SDCC's ago? There were some other fine characters released after that, but I still remember the level of excitement on the boards when both Rock N Roll and Zartan went up for a surprise pre-order on the same day.

Momentum, something SSC has never seemed to grasp. They have attention deficit problems and have no clue how to keep us on the hook.

I have Destro on order, and will buy any decent figure they release, problem is they are busier with other projects and dont show this line the love it deserves.

Don't know about getting them. The SW jumbos are vastly overpriced. It'd be kewl to at least see them if they are identical with original articulation and O rings.

Werd. Everything that Gentle Giant does is overpriced. I don't like the giant figures anyway.

Spirit for me. He was always my favorite Joe.

There is no way I can just pick one...I can list over 20 Jumbo Joes I'd get....as long as they are replicated well,have the same articulation as the originals (swivel arm only) and maintain the classic card art...it could be a start of a new collection :gah:

I could imagine getting around 5 or 6 of the Jumbo Joes. Flint, Zartan, Firefly, '85 Snake, Dusty, Storm Shadow, maybe the Crimson Twins, Shipwreck, Airtight. . .

Considering the amount of Uncle Tom action we've seen with Destro on these boards, I don't see Serpentor ever being done, which is sad. Would love to see him done as a project by someone on the boards and casted up.

Back