Premium Format Iron Studios - Captain America TWS - 1/10 Captain, Winter Solider, Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocbolt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this on Iron Studios Facebook page

We were thrilled with the success of the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier, to celebrate the release of the film the Iron Studios shows their latest projects which have just been finalized. The line Art Scale Captain America: The Winter Soldier goes into its production phase, all models will be limited and exclusively released in Brazil. We present today a preview of Falcon, very important character in the history of the film. Developed in partnership with Marvel Studios, this release is planned for second half of 2014, soon official photos of the play ended. (translated)

w2Vkrik.png

bs9Zdn0.png

2oE9IBM.png

Re: Iron Studios - Captain America TWS - Captain, Winter Solider, Falcon

Saw this on Iron Studios Facebook page

We were thrilled with the success of the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier, to celebrate the release of the film the Iron Studios shows their latest projects which have just been finalized. The line Art Scale Captain America: The Winter Soldier goes into its production phase, all models will be limited and exclusively released in Brazil. We present today a preview of Falcon, very important character in the history of the film. Developed in partnership with Marvel Studios, this release is planned for second half of 2014, soon official photos of the play ended. (translated)

w2Vkrik.png

Wow those looks pretty cool. Are they 1/4?

Art Scale 1/10 is all it says so far

SSC could get a lesson in poses from these.

I don't care how good the sculpt or pose is, it has to be painted properly. After the paint job on their Iron man I'll never buy anything from this company again.

Typical overreaction. Guess you won't buy anything Sideshow either after their Mark VI bust, 2 year in the making disasterpiece. And nothing from Enterbay since half their statues fall over after 6 months.

I have the IS 1/4 IM first release next to my SSC Stealth Comiquette and from 6 inches or further away you cannot make a distinction between the paint quality. The gold tone was off, and some had sloppy black lines aka SSC Spidey Comi but for a first release it came out great. Lights up way better than the SSC IM's too.

If IS can deliver paint apps that match their prototypes I'll gladly spend the same or an extra $50-100 on their products since their sculpts and poses are stunning.

100% AGREE!!
Typical overreaction. Guess you won't buy anything Sideshow either after their Mark VI bust, 2 year in the making disasterpiece. And nothing from Enterbay since half their statues fall over after 6 months.

I have the IS 1/4 IM first release next to my SSC Stealth Comiquette and from 6 inches or further away you cannot make a distinction between the paint quality. The gold tone was off, and some had sloppy black lines aka SSC Spidey Comi but for a first release it came out great. Lights up way better than the SSC IM's too.

If IS can deliver paint apps that match their prototypes I'll gladly spend the same or an extra $50-100 on their products since their sculpts and poses are stunning.

Typical overreaction? 1st off this is not a typical situation for me. I don't know about you. I spent almost $600 on a statue from a company based in Brazil. I had to trust and go through a member I've never dealt with before. And I received a statue with literarily one of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen. (Your paint app could be a lot better then mine) I don't know about you but when I pay $600 for something I want it to be right. I don't want to have to be "6 inches or further away" for the paint app to look acceptable.

With sideshow I'm dealing with a trusted company with great customer service. Horrible paint job? No problem, return it for a refund. I can't believe anyone would compare this company to sideshow after 1 release. Your comparing 2 or 3 mess ups of sideshows 1,000's of releases to this company's 1st.

To each his own but nothing typical about how I feel about this company.

Wonder why SS doesn't distribute IS products in USA like they do with Prime1 Studios?

Typical overreaction? 1st off this is not a typical situation for me. I don't know about you. I spent almost $600 on a statue from a company based in Brazil. I had to trust and go through a member I've never dealt with before. And I received a statue with literarily one of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen. (Your paint app could be a lot better then mine) I don't know about you but when I pay $600 for something I want it to be right. I don't want to have to be "6 inches or further away" for the paint app to look acceptable.

With sideshow I'm dealing with a trusted company with great customer service. Horrible paint job? No problem, return it for a refund. I can't believe anyone would compare this company to sideshow after 1 release. Your comparing 2 or 3 mess ups of sideshows 1,000's of releases to this company's 1st.

To each his own but nothing typical about how I feel about this company.
I'm assuming we went through the same person and I paid pretty much the same as you did. Your decision to take a leap of faith ordering from someone you don't know/trust has nothing to do with IS. Just sayin. Btw, this person was kind enough to upload 100's of pics of the statues BEFORE they shipped so everyone in that thread had an opportunity to inspect the pics as well as PM any questions/concerns so I'm pretty amazed that if you did both of those that you still got one that is as bad as you're claiming. I can only assume you didn't. I do agree that $500+ isn't chump change and there's a level of quality you expect paying that price. Tbh I expect that quality at $250-350 for 1/6 also lol.

You may give Sideshow a free pass for 'horrible paint jobs' or other ****-ups after delays that have taken up to 2 years on some pieces, I won't. Have they produced a single IM bust that hasn't been a disaster? They can't even produce a solid paint app or install the arc reactor on correctly for a statue delayed two years. If you don't want to have to be 6 inches or further away for the paint app to look acceptable then there isn't a company on the planet that will make you happy as they all have released duds, SSC has a large share and many have been very recently - that's my point.

Sure, there's comfort in being able to return a piece if it's a mess but who wants to wait 2 years to get a product that sucks and needs to be returned? Nobody. I'm willing to give another company a chance to establish themselves in the market. If you aren't that's fine.

Back