If i could only buy 1 iron man and 1 Cap figure from hot toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Iron Man, like most I would say the Mark VII - great all round figure - its the only Iron Man figure I own (and plan on owning...at least for the time being anyway!!)

Choosing just one Cap figure is a bit harder though...maybe the Golden Age Cap, although based on the pictures seen so far, it might be worth waiting for the Age of Ultron version.

My choices would be :

Iron man - MK IV best version hands down in terms of sleek design and the classic red and gold with no distracting silver accents.

Cap - Avengers version, comes closes to the comic book look. Has no ugly brown gloves and boots ( never liked that color on cap EVER ) form fitting suit made cap look like he could actually do his acrobatic fighting.

Agree Mark IV is THE pure and definitive suit design, also has the best headsculpt of the armoured figures. A future re-release Mark III could be a contender... the legs on the current one are way too skinny and the shade of red is odd.

The battle damaged Mark VII and GA Cap.

On a serious note, do I need to open up Iron Man and actually remove the batteries ... ?

Ok I will take them out then. I wanted to hold off incase I somehow managed to damage it getting them out or slipping and scratching it with a screwdriver.

Is it because they include cheap batteries or should I just not put batteries in unless I intend on switching on the lights?

Thanks

I've chosen the Mark VII armor and the Avengers Cap as my representations of those characters for my collection because that's what they were wearing during the Battle of New York in The Avengers, which, if you think about it, is a pretty important event in the context of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Those were the ones I picked, but really, just choose whatever figures you find most appealing, aesthetically or otherwise. If I had to make a recommendation though, I'd say Avengers - Age of Ultron Cap looks pretty snazzy, if you don't mind waiting a bit for him.

Ok I will take them out then. I wanted to hold off incase I somehow managed to damage it getting them out or slipping and scratching it with a screwdriver.

Is it because they include cheap batteries or should I just not put batteries in unless I intend on switching on the lights?

Thanks

The original batteries were not a premium brand (but if you leave any batteries in for long enough, you will have a problem).. make sure you use a 'Precision' small screwdriver set with a Phillips screwdriver that fits the screw head slots properly, that way you should minimise the chance of damage.

Mark II (but it's a very, very close call with the 'Secret Project' figure.. if it was only one suit from the license, probably War Machine).. and Stealth Cap (so far)

Mark VII for IM
If your counting the 2 pack, definitely that then, over wise for the definitive Cap I would go with the Frist Avenger version

Thanks, I'll give it a go and then sleep easy he won't melt in my sleep...

Mark VII, and possibly Golden Age Cap, assuming HT fixes some of the issues with TFA version. Avengers Cap is actually a very excellent figure, but the costume design is a bit lacking. I don't personally care much for the Jim Lee inspired Avengers 2 Cap, either.

I too have limited myself to one of each - and they're both the Avengers 1 versions. Just reckon they're closest to the traditional comic styles.

(For Thor I'll be getting the light armor version from TDW, cos I like the traditional sleeveless look).

Iron man mark 1 because this is the initial appearance of iron man.
Captain america avengers version because he is the most representative of captain america. iMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fellow collectors

As mentionend in the thread title,

which iron man and captain america would you get if you could only buy one figure for each character ( from hot toys )

Let us know the reason too.

love to hear from you guys!

Avengers Cap & Avengers Mark VII

I think I might be one of the only people that doesn't care for the Mark VII. For the more traditional looking armors my favorite is probably the Mark III. I personally won't be getting any of the old armors as they're too expensive. Only way is if Hot Toys re-released them. The Mark I 2.0 is the only one I'd pay to get if I could find it for a semi-decent price.

Well... My favs are the MK IV and VII. I'd go with the VII ( better design , still classic look ) As for Cap the GA suit ( I have the FA Cap,but I think the GA is a little better)....now the AoU looks pretty sweet

I'd buy the Mark VI and Avengers Cap. These 2 were actually on screen together quite a few times. Plus, the Mk VI has seen the most action out of all the IM armors. Avengers Cap is the closest to the comic book look as you'll get outside of his USO dance costume.

Back