If i could only buy 1 iron man and 1 Cap figure from hot toys!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yllum

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Fellow collectors

As mentionend in the thread title,

which iron man and captain america would you get if you could only buy one figure for each character ( from hot toys )

Let us know the reason too.

love to hear from you guys!

For Cap, i'd pick the Avengers 2 Age of Ultron ver., and for Iron Man, I'd pick the Mark VI or VII :)

Of course the prices of the Marks VI & VII are crazily high now, so waiting for the AoU ver wouldn't be a bad idea either..

I'd buy the most expensive ones, never open them and wait 2 years before putting them on eBay for 3x my cost.

Mk 7 all the way (though mk 4/6 are very close) and for cap, im torn between the New Golden age or Strike suit...

Limited display space is a big problem for me.
i had to get the " definitive" version of each character.
or though i understand there is no such things as definitive version.

Limited display space is a big problem for me.
i had to get the " definitive" version of each character.
or though i understand there is no such things as definitive version.

Mark 7 has the most display options, and has repeulsor blast hands and his head can tilt back for flight poses, all around the best Iron man. Cap is a huge toss up, maybe you want to want to wait for the Age of Ultron Cap release...? might help you decide on Definitive for him

In the same boat. Moved into a tiny apartment with half the space I used to have. I'm sticking with the Mk.42 for my definitive IM and Avengers 2 for Cap.

The diecast just sells it for me, had the Mk. VI and VII. while they're awesome, I think the poseability of the 42 will blow them away.

Mark 7 has the most display options, and has repeulsor blast hands and his head can tilt back for flight poses, all around the best Iron man. Cap is a huge toss up, maybe you want to want to wait for the Age of Ultron Cap release...? might help you decide on Definitive for him

yeah buddy..I actual have the avengers cap already. .but that wasn't definitive cap for me.hahaha

I love the stealth suit from shield. but it does not have the traditional colors of red, white, blue

In the same boat. Moved into a tiny apartment with half the space I used to have. I'm sticking with the Mk.42 for my definitive IM and Avengers 2 for Cap.

The diecast just sells it for me, had the Mk. VI and VII. while they're awesome, I think the poseability of the 42 will blow them away.

tell me about it..it is hard to find display space in a small apartment of mine.

I would get either the Age of Ultron Cap or the Golden Age Cap. Both are as close to the comic as you are going to get. Just depends on which look you prefer.

I am in the same boat with Iron Man myself. I was thinking about the Mark 42 Diecast version, but I have just decided to wait for the inevitable Age of Ultron release, and pick that one up.

are there any news that hot toys will re release iron man mk 1-7 in diecast?

I agree with the majority for Iron man which is Mark VII, not the most cost effective, but I would say the most definitive one. For Cap it's a little harder since it really depends on your taste but for me it's the Avengers one. I have the Avengers and TFA but the classic red white and blue wins it for me. At this rate I would just wait for AoU.

I would say the Mark VII is the best overall representation so far, although I personally liked the Mark XLII and look forward to the supposed color "swap" in AoU. As for Cap, from the footage released I think the definitive Cap will be the one from AoU personally.

I agree that the MK VII is the best IM out there. Cap is a little more difficult for me. I love TFA outfit, but the STRIKE suit seen in TWS is great, just not sure yet of how good HT will translate that to the figure, although they usually do a fantastic job. TFA outfit for now, but with the possibility of changing.

Back