Sideshow: Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
tumblr_mkwt29IrIW1rrov60o1_500.gif

https://www.licensing.biz/news/read...h-anniversary-with-new-licensing-deals/039918

I follow licensing.biz on Twitter and saw a tweet this morning about The Terminator's 30th anniversary. Reading the article, it mentions both NECA and Sideshow are making more T1 product, as well as Evil Dead 2! So, they broke the news first!

Creative Licensing Corporation, who farm the licenses out, also have Bill and Ted, Rambo 1-3, Drive and Total Recall. I'm hoping the latter gets made for next year's 25th anniversary.

Yeah... not too excited.
Need a spot on sculpt (better two) and lots of accessories to justify SSC's quality-price factor.

Sideshow had the T1 license a few years ago when they did the PF. I'm not sure what else they might seriously develop from that film. Maybe a Tech Noir 1/4 scale statue. I don't see figures being done by SSC. Regarding Evil Dead 2, I would be curious to see them do a statue of Ash, but their releases are pretty hit and miss, so any excitement from me is going to be muted at this point.

**** yes!
This is what I've been hoping for since their Snake Plissken figure popped up.
C'mon 1/6 Ash!

Sideshow 1/6 Evil Dead 2...bring it on! I wonder if they can compete with Beto's Ash

I think they have a chance to at least match it in the sculpt department, but paint apps, tailoring, and accessories are probably going to fall pretty far behind.

I think they have a chance to at least match it in the sculpt department, but paint apps, tailoring, and accessories are probably going to fall pretty far behind.

the paint apps,tailoring etc would match up if Hot Toys was doing it...Sideshow would probably do great with the accessories though

a licensed $250 figure will always beat a custom $1000+ figure in my books

Not me I'm the opposite because I'm not gonna settle for a licenced figure and sacrifice quality and likeness just to save some bucks, more dedication and quality go into customs and especially beto's work so we will have to see what they put out

Would sacrifice quality for cost. $250 vs $1000? Don't care for customs and never will.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I really wish that part 1 was more popular in the collecting world. I guess for obvious reasons it seems that everyone wants a Hero Ash and has no interest in a boring ol' pt. 1 BD Ash. Personally I like pt 1 way more than pt 2 and I'd love Ash and the 3 girls from the first movie.

Usually customs > mass produced figs for me. In this case I passed on Beto's Ash just because the movie and character didn't warrant the price tag for me. This may be one of the only cases where I'd bite on something like this because of the price tag and if the accessory spread/quality and likeness is good.

I didnt like the character enough to warrant the price and difficulty of a custom but I would pick this up if its made.

I really wish that part 1 was more popular in the collecting world. I guess for obvious reasons it seems that everyone wants a Hero Ash and has no interest in a boring ol' pt. 1 BD Ash. Personally I like pt 1 way more than pt 2 and I'd love Ash and the 3 girls from the first movie.

Usually customs > mass produced figs for me. In this case I passed on Beto's Ash just because the movie and character didn't warrant the price tag for me. This may be one of the only cases where I'd bite on something like this because of the price tag and if the accessory spread/quality and likeness is good.

I'm excited to see what comes of this... if it weren't for Snake Plissken getting a figure I would have guessed no 1/6; but it seems Sideshow is in a period of taking more risks and making less commercial figures. And unless I'm wrong, this image looks like the hands are sculpted... so maybe a Henrietta base?

C0EF_0skzD3iV8hN2S_7ju_LAUWCyLeLU-tEa-cxQ8uqigIEf6hQ7lsc8MVAGnFaSupQhqBprDJa9UQhqOAQfnHsW-mOKq39_E_LS38L36bA8ZkH=s0-d-e1-ft

While I'm sure a final product of 1/6 Ash will not not be as nice as what Beto will release, I'd bet it will at least have some very useful parts and if we're lucky a it will be a figure that can look incredible with a few tweaks.

We already know they have a good looking base body to use, so I'm hoping full battle damaged Ash is in the works.

Yep, i'm sure it will be great (and very glad that they're releasing ED2 and F13 stuff) but I don't regret getting Beto's Jason Pt. III/IV or ED2 Ash. Those will be the definitive versions for me, as well as something that I would consider art. That said, I think there will likely be a ton of accessories from these releases that I will be interested in and want to add to the collection.

PS - Am I misremembering or did IMINIME indicate that they had the ED2 license? I remember because I thought it was supposed to be their gateway into official licensed stuff and I was kinda worried their work might compete with Beto's. :lol

Last edited:
Back