1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

I'm not sure whether to get the figure or not. I think it might look kinda weird to have two Spider-Man Hot Toys on display at the same time (I have the first Amazing one), and I don't really like the thought of swapping them out and always keeping one in storage, especially when considering the price of them.

There's always the option for me to sell the first Amazing one, but he was my first Hot Toy and so I think he'll always hold more sentimental value for me than any other Hot Toy I get. But then again...this new one looks pretty great to me. Hmmm...don't know what to do.

I will proudly display both at the same time, and as a fellow "Web Head," I think you should do so as well:wink1:

I'm not sure whether to get the figure or not. I think it might look kinda weird to have two Spider-Man Hot Toys on display at the same time (I have the first Amazing one), and I don't really like the thought of swapping them out and always keeping one in storage, especially when considering the price of them.

There's always the option for me to sell the first Amazing one, but he was my first Hot Toy and so I think he'll always hold more sentimental value for me than any other Hot Toy I get. But then again...this new one looks pretty great to me. Hmmm...don't know what to do.

Get both and display them in different rooms?

Those hands are making me second guess this figure.

Display one with the Garfield sculpt and the other as spiderman.

Display one with the Garfield sculpt and the other as spiderman.

That's a good idea.

Get both and display them in different rooms?

I only have a main room and a bedroom, and only one display case. I don't want little kitten getting his teeth and claws on a Hot Toy of mine, so I'd need to keep it in the display case that has the first Amazing figure, too. My cat doesn't care about 90% of my toys, but there are a few that he thinks are just absolutely tasty and/or fun to knock around. Not sure why. But I can't take the risk of him taking a liking to a Hot Toy and having easy access to it.

I'm probably going to cave and get this anyway, regardless of my first world problem of wondering how to work out the display and such.

Does anyone know if there's a fabric spray out there that would give the suit a more satin finish while still remaining pliable and not tacky? Kind of how spraying Cap's shield gives it a more matte finish? I'm fine with how everything looks on this figure with the exception of the red suit finish, which is a pretty big part of the figure.

I'm hoping they make it more fabric-like in the production model

Which production model? The one we've been shown more than likely is a production piece. I wouldn't expect this to have any changes when released as I think this one is already produced, boxed and ready to ship, or close to it.

Saw the movie today will be buying this my first marvel hot toys figure.

I have thought something was wrong with Spider-mans boots and just figured out what it is. The ankle joint is too high, it actually looks like his leg is broken. So I just sent HT this email [email protected]

spideyanklejoint.jpg~original

Congrats bro! :hi5: Seriously tho?? I am very surprised this figure is in such high demand

I'm not surprised. Even if you add the people who don't like this here and on facebook, its still a small percentage of who's buying this ( and most HT ). I think a very small percentage of people who buy HT are as harsh as members onthis board and FB.

Centrocal has been ON THE BALL with getting Hot Toys to correct this figure!

Thanks for all your hard work man!!! Keep it coming and LET THEM KNOW!!! :clap :clap :clap

I'm not surprised. Even if you add the people who don't like this here and on facebook, its still a small percentage of who's buying this ( and most HT ). I think a very small percentage of people who buy HT are as harsh as members onthis board and FB.

I was more leaning towards the fact that it wasn't teased, kind of quiet release almost, few have seen the movie yet, and its only been a few days since this has been up. I agree with what you said tho

Congrats bro! :hi5: Seriously tho?? I am very surprised this figure is in such high demand

Me too....was hoping this would last until a monthly promo code worked on it :gah:

Its pretty much all we can do aside from not buying it. I don't want to pass on this, I want them to fix it :impatient:

Back