1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Glad I got the first suit. I don't like this one.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

I wanted this figure but this looks terrible .Thank you hot toys money saved again.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This must mean they're making a separate Parker figure. I agree on the material of the suit, but this looks great regardless.

I wanted to get my first Spidey figure from this film but I am not convinced on this one. Guess I'll keep waiting.

This must mean they're making a separate Parker figure. I agree on the material of the suit, but this looks great regardless.

No. No it doesn't. It looks like crap, and as long as people keep saying this sort of thing (and buying this dross), HT will not improve. Damn, when HT are on their game, they hit figures out of the park, but this? It's ****.

I'm a massive Spidey fan, and I so wanted this to be great, but it's f'ing rubbish. The red parts look like a fetishist in a gimp suit. Not their only fail in recent times. Their most recent Wolverine was crap as well.

Do. It. Better.

I said, it looks great regardless.

I said, it looks great regardless.

Regardless of it looking like crap? The red parts are rubbish. Anything other than a museum pose, it's bunched up and generally looks like poo. And that's in the professionally staged promo shots!

I expect better. I know HT can do better. They should frigging well do so.

Damn, when HT are on their game, they hit figures out of the park, but this?
That about sums it up.

I'd have been keen as mustard for this one, had it surpassed their classic Raimi Spidey figure - & it clearly hasn't.. so far anyway. Despite the few issues it had, it was & still is, one of HT' best figures to date - & I'm dam glad I own one.

They may tweak the **** out of this new one before release though, who knows.

The negative feedback in just a day so far, speaks volumes. :lol

Regardless of it looking like crap? The red parts are rubbish. Anything other than a museum pose, it's bunched up and generally looks like poo. And that's in the professionally staged promo shots!

I expect better. I know HT can do better. They should frigging well do so.

They won't do better. People keep buying this **** left and right regardless of it looking like utter poop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That about sums it up.

I'd have been keen as mustard for this one, had it surpassed their classic Raimi Spidey figure - & it clearly hasn't.. so far anyway. Despite the few issues it had, it was & still is, one of HT' best figures to date - & I'm dam glad I own one.

Agreed. I have one with the all too common busted ankle, but the pose it's in it doesn't matter, and it's plenty Spidey.

They won't do better. People keep buying this **** left and right regardless of it looking like utter poop.

Sadly, yes.

Now, before everyone jumps down my throat, yes, I'm p'd off. As a massive Spidey fan I wanted this to be good. No, not good. I wanted it to be great. The movie suit is the classic comic suit come alive! But this is a joke, and we all know that HT aren't going to fix the fabric. They very rarely fix protos in any meaningful fashion, and the fabric? That's a big job. Pretty much a redo of the whole figure.

Frigging sucks.

Whats going on with the red latex ?

I think as a Spider-man figure it looks OK, like a really good figure you would find in a toy shop, but a Hot Toys figure is suppose to be set apart from those type of figures. Where is the realism? If it comes out looking like this, it's going to look very toyish compared to the new Captain America. I'm surprised Spidey fans are so easily pleased.

It looks more like a girl under the suit to me. I want a spiderman figure but so far this is not an instant PO.

Well, goodbye MMS 143:thud:

I'm concerned with the height and hope it's as tall as the first ASM release.

I don't like to be negative about a figure when others seem to really like it, but I have to agree with some of the criticism

The fabric is worng, it looks like the same material as the ASM1 spidey, which works for that figure because it appears like that in the movie

Now I know that there hasn't been much footage of this new suit to go off :wink1: but the material is just plain wrong

The reason I collect these figures (and I thought this would apply to others) is because of the attention to detail in re-producing the movie version of the character into 1/6 form with as much accuracy as achievable.

This doesn't fit that bill unfortunately, and yes, you can say 'well don't buy it' but that's not really fair, I'd love to own it, but only if it looked like what it does on screen

Currently it doesn't, purely because of that material.

Next August´s most popular phrase: "The Pictures Don't do it Justice"... as usual.

"It looks better in hand".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back