1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

So I guess there's not going to be a Spider-Man unmasked Peter Parker head sculpt this time?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

The red in the suit looks a bit leathery. I have faith they'll fix it in the production version. No Peter head sculpt makes me think a battle damaged version will come out.

Why oh why is the red made out of some latex/rubber? The real suit is obviously cloth from all the stills, trailers etc. I hope HT fixes it. The Spider-Man 3 figure looked like crap in the promo pics but the production version was fantastic.

Last edited:

LOl Why the helll did I just see this on freaking ebay before I see it here? Seriously??. OMG they just revealed this **** on the fly!!! No teaser or nothing. This is a definate purcahse.

LOl Why the helll did I just see this on freaking ebay before I see it here? Seriously??. OMG they just revealed this **** on the fly!!! No teaser or nothing. This is a definate purcahse.

Well you beat me in worst way to find out, I saw this on my FB feed :lol

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Looks AMAZING! Easy pre-order. Looks like they had to make the webbing on the suit part of the material which is why it looks "shiny". It's unfortunate but with the ASM2 webbing being so thin I feel like Hot Toys was stuck between a rock and a hard place. As far as accessories go the hands look great except for the thwip hands (the fingers don't appear to be touching the pressure pad on the palm), the webs look cool but unless they fixed the "drooping problem" they'll stay in the box. The megaphone is cool, the backpack is cool, can care less about the vest, scarf, and hat. I'm interested to see what the deal will be with the web shooters this time. For the ASM1 figure you would turn his hand and the web shooter would not stay center on the wrist, so it'll be interesting to see how or if they addressed that problem. Also it appears that they lengthened the sleeves, thus allowing them to cover up those pesky wrist joints. The shoes even seem to have the tread on the bottom which is nice. The brick pattern on the suit seems to be done very well and the eyes also look great. Interesting that there were no pictures of the back of the figure though. Oh and it looks like they're using the same under-sized but highly posable body. I mean I know Spidey's skinny but he's not anorexic! Either way this looks like it's going to be the best Spider-Man figure yet and we get the dynamic stand with it which will be perfect for the Web-Head. All in all I am very excited and can't wait to preorder!

So I'll see this figure when Spiderman 3 comes out?

HI-RES pg 3 post# 27 (right click view image for full res )

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_16.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_18.jpg

The release date... doubt they make it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm seriously baffled anyone is excited for this...it took us almost two years and several broken shoulders to get the first one. I'll preorder and get excited once I see OMG post final product pictures

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Spec + Pic]

1509246_10152011387897344_7572456416611965174_n.jpg

Whats up with the hands in this pic? It looks as tho they are only half hands or something??

I'm seriously baffled anyone is excited for this...it took us almost two years and several broken shoulders to get the first one. I'll preorder and get excited once I see OMG post final product pictures

Im not worried about this one though. They had avengers and tdkr to deal with and they released a teaser first and down the line they finally showed what the figure will look like in august. We will defiantly get this in like January.

Already the complaints start dang not even released and judged
ment is whipped out.

So we’re supposed to just praise all these pictures until the figure releases?

No head sculpt?
There must be an issue with the actor.
I doubt we'll see another character from the film if there's issues with likenesses!

The red part of the suit seems like latex painted over the blue fabric. Not digging that part, though the figure looks okay.

Hands seems to have fixed palms with swappable digits?

Already the complaints start dang not even released and judgedment is whipped out.

You sound like you haven't been around since '07. If you have no complaints, then that's good, but let the others moan. Sometimes they help you get better figures compared to the proto.

No head sculpt?
There must be an issue with the actor.
I doubt we'll see another character from the film if there's issues with likenesses!
Saw an interview where they said they're working on getting the villains.

Not feeling it. :(

I know it's a prototype, but there's a few things that aren't great about it.

The red sections - as mentioned, look Medicom-ish, the hands don't match the arms, the way the suit bunches up in places looks average, & all those extras are useless to me - especially that big ugly display stand.

My classic HT Raimi Spidey's looking twice as good as it previously did at the moment. :lol

Looks great to me, too bad there's no Garfield sculpt though.

Back