1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Not feeling it. :(

I know it's a prototype, but there's a few things that aren't great about it.

The red sections - as mentioned, look Medicom-ish, the hands don't match the arms, the way the suit bunches up in places looks average, & all those extras are useless to me - especially that big ugly display stand.

My classic HT Raimi Spidey's looking twice as good as it previously did at the moment. :lol

Medicom-ish is the perfect word to describe what this looks like currently.

I do think it looks awesome with the hat, vest and scarf on though.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Hmm, I actually like the first one better. This one certainly isn't $225 better than the first one. I'll probably pass. No need for two.

The red part of the suit seems like latex painted over the blue fabric. Not digging that part, though the figure looks okay.

Hands seems to have fixed palms with swappable digits?

You sound like you haven't been around since '07. If you have no complaints, then that's good, but let the others moan. Sometimes they help you get better figures compared to the proto.

Thats pretty innovative of HT. I guess its to avoid damaging the hand pegs or maybe the web shooters?

Yea great catch. I think its to solve the whole problem webshooters not lining up with the palm. Turn the hand and the fabric will follow. Wonder if this'll hinder movement in the wrist tho.

Damn, the only thing bugging me is the material for the red, if it weren't for that, I would probably actually buy this.

Damn, the only thing bugging me is the material for the red, if it weren't for that, I would probably actually buy this.

Yeah, was looking forward to this one because I passed on the broke shoulder Spidey. The red parts of the costume look off. The creases/folds near the shoulder when the costume bundles up makes the figure look cheap.

up_15.jpg

Does this look like a sculpted base, or actual stone? Perhaps its part of another figure ? :monkey3

Should be 100% fabric. Red parts of the suit look cheap and nasty like the medicom sm3 figures.

Disappointing

I actually prefer the first spidey. Won't be buying this one.

Bri

Yeah, was looking forward to this one because I passed on the broke shoulder Spidey. The red parts of the costume look off. The creases/folds near the shoulder when the costume bundles up makes the figure look cheap.

I know, right? This is actually a damn near perfect Spidey suit too. Possibly the definitive one so far. If they make the changes to the red parts, I may break my MCU only figure streak and add this Spidey to my Avengers collection since Sony will never give up the rights. I still really think that if Marvel Studios had the rights to Spider-Man, they would give him the web pits.

Check the proposed release date. This won't get any changes.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Spec + Pic]

It seems the spidey base stand is part of the special edition bundle, according to the image. You get the plutonium canister and special base. Wonder what the regular version gets?😑

Sent from my mobile device type thingy using Tapatalk

The red parts look like they'll break down or tear with to much movement.
I'll be passing on this figure too much on my plate as is!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Spec + Pic]

It seems the spidey base stand is part of the special edition bundle, according to the image. You get the plutonium canister and special base. Wonder what the regular version gets?��

Sent from my mobile device type thingy using Tapatalk

It says "figure stand cover" on the special so Im assuming that is just a sticker? and the regular will be the stand with no sticker?

^ correct!!

So glad I waited for this version :yess:

So did I but I have the red and blue Spider-Man 3 Hot Toy and I assumed this one would have another Peter Parker sculpt which I really wanted, not so happy I waited now. I should've known, Hot Toys always give you a reason to want every version. Don't know what to do now, I don't want 2 similar Spideys with no Peter Parker heads.

The red parts look like they'll break down or tear with to much movement.
I'll be passing on this figure too much on my plate as is!

I'm worried about that too, probably going to wait for some in hand opinions 1st. Right now it is going to be a NOT so easy pass but a pass.

First off the suit should have been fabric again, this suit was crying out for Hot Toys to go back to that, but also the boots do not look poseable. It reminds me of when prototype pictures of Spider-Man 3 came out and it had the hard plastic boots, but then they changed it. This needs a lot of changes which I can't see happening for it to make me want it. For now I will stick with my Spider-Man 3 figure.

Back