David Fincher's 'Gone Girl'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perry's not a bad actor in my eyes, his comedy work just isn't my bag and he was completely miscast in Alex Cross. As an actor in a drama (not action), I think he'd be quite capable. Don't have any hate for Affleck, either.

I read the Book by Gillian Flynn beginning of the year and loved it.Even Hitchcock would have loved this story.And when I heard it was being made into a Film and Directed by David Fincher I was psyched.
I viewed this Film on Friday and sorry to say I was ready to leave after the first Hour.Ben and Rosamund's sub par acting can not hold a 2hrs and 25min Film.And Patrick Harris cardboard cutout of Desi Collings could have been mailed in.I was really bummed because if you are a fan of DF (fight club,seven,panic room,zodiac or girl with the dragon tatto)you were ready for a damn good Film.I'M still wondering what happened?Was it Casting or was DF just off his game.I already know it's never easy to translate a Novel into a Film.The suspense GF builds in her characters and story in the book are never fully realized in the Film.Maybe I was expecting too much,but this Film didn't work for me.

Saw this film last night and it was great! Fincher is still an exercise in masterclass film making. This film was much slower than I was expecting and but man did the crazy really rev up in the end, this has to be one of finchers goriest films yet, I was not expecting that. Pretty fantastic film all around, I wasn't expecting much from Perry but he was quite possibly one of the best actors in the film. I will be buying this when it comes out on Blu ray.

I will admit that the first third or half of the film felt slow and predictable. Once the tables started turning, it kicked into high gear and held my attention until the end.

not a big fan of afflec, but i cant fault him in this one. this movie was good. the ost is also well done.

Loved this movie! I hadn't read the book, but I thought it was a fantastic thriller.

I saw this yesterday, and my god. There is just so much to say, but because of the nature of the film, I'll probably leave all of my thoughts in Spoiler tags (though not all of them will be spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw this yesterday, and my god. There is just so much to say, but because of the nature of the film, I'll probably leave all of my thoughts in Spoiler tags (though not all of them will be spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Very well laid out. I agree with your summation of the film, especially about Pike.

I finally watched the movie and I have got to say it was eerily good.

The story dragged a bit in the first 1/2 of the film, but once it hits... it hits. Cast was great, Affleck has proven himself a lot these past few years and I am stoked to see him as Batman. Pike was the stand out for me, she was exceptional.

The film has me aching for his vision of 'The Girl who Played with Fire' now... hope that's still happening.

Back