David Fincher's 'Gone Girl'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score

Fincher is one of my favourites and I have been looking forward to this trailer for a while now but man that song choice is all kinds of horrible!​

I'm excited for it, but I'm not sold on Affleck in this film, but it's Fincher so I'll be there.

Looks great. LOVE Fincher. Don't mind the song.

I thought Fincher's GWTDT was great and I'm disappointed they're not finishing the trilogy (or so it seems).

As long as Trent's scoring the film, I'm happy. Story seems unimpressive, but I'll see it for him and Fincher.

Looks like a great film, hopefully, Affleck can finally put to rest all the "he can't act outside his own movies" crap.:lol

I will watch anything with Finchers name on it. Lets hope Affleck doesn't make me regret that.

Last edited:
Haha I thought the same thing. Such a terrible version... It's like a late night karaoke session has made it onto the trailer.

Some of the movie was shot here in the town I reside. The Bar, is a small corner store in the downtown section. The last scene is of the Mississippi River at one on the landing points beyond the flood wall. Very cool seeing my town in the trailer. I have several friends that made the cut as extras.

I get a creepy sinister feel from the song. Sure it sounds a bit maudlin on the surface, but there's something else going on, especially paired with the visuals.

Do you guys know what the movie is really about? Because it's more than just what you see in the trailer.

I wonder what he'll do. The way the book unfolds is pretty significant, from what I know. So I think he has to keep the main "thing". I get the feeling that how ever Fincher will change things, it won't be to make the story more conventional and predictable.

My love of Fincher and Affleck(lately) will have to really help me overcome my utter hatred for Tyler Perry. I have 6 months to reconcile this...

Back