How much shaky Cam in Captain America?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tauntaun Han

Super Freak
Reaction score
On an express elevator to hell; going down!
Just heard recently that there was shaky cam in Captain America Winter Soldier. I get extremely sick with this technique, especially when used out of action scenes, and was wondering if there is a lot of it in the movie before I pay to see it? Thanks for any help.

It gets a little jiggly when Black Widow is running.

3684629-i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

There is definitely some shaky cam, but it fits with the scene being depicted so it wasn't very bothersome, for me at least. It's not like they are having the shaky cam just for the sake of having it, it is well used in this film.

It definitely starts in the opening scene with Batroc. It's supposed to represent the hectic and volatile nature of the fights I guess, but I would prefer to actually see what was going on, and not get random feet or elbows flying toward the camera and masking the choreography.

Thanks for the info - I made it through the beginning of Man of Steel but as soon as the flashbacks started I did not last long. Sounds like I may do OK with this one if done as you guys say. Was so disappointed I would not be able to see it. Thanks again for all the help.

I personally dislike shakycam, but didn't find it too too distracting in this film. Like I said before, I only really noticed it during the fights. There was probably some of it during a scene with Fury driving his SUV.

I thought it was really bad in the beginning, but by the end they had slowed down a lot. I really wish Hollywood would quit with this nonsense.

this annoying trend needs to stop. it is awful not being to see what is going on. The Expendables was ridiculous with this shaky cam crap.

what i hate the most is how actors train for months and try so hard to learn the choreography, then they spend weeks filming, sometimes they injure themselves making the movie

And then the movie comes out and all you see is legs fists and elbows..... that's just pathetic.

I think the speed of the fight sequences made it appear to be shaky cam at times also, in all honesty tho shaky cam was far out of my mind watching the move....

I just didn't like how Captain America was turned into the Hulk... he some how got his face cooked in beatings, but he can land big falls... yeah, that makes sense. lol

That of course wasn't shaky cam... but yes, love the ScarJo comment... the ass sequence in the beginning definitely could have been in slow-motion.

Back