When are we going to hear about any new figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss being excited for a Sideshow Joe announcement. I'm cautiously optimistic that they might have one or two more that aren't too stylized, but I don't hold out any real hope. In a perfect word, what teemu has been saying for what seems like years might actually happen someday :lol

If a couple come down the pipe that impress than I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not no loss.

I'm having enough fun putting customs together to have mostly forgotten about Sideshow for the time being.

Last very recent word I got,while it's been quiet,the Sideshow Rep hasn't been given any info about Sideshow being done with G.I.Joe.

Last very recent word I got,while it's been quiet,the Sideshow Rep hasn't been given any info about Sideshow being done with G.I.Joe.

Well at the rate they release Joes, if your list is accurate we still got at least 3-5 more years of Sideshow Joe.

I miss being excited for a Sideshow Joe announcement. I'm cautiously optimistic that they might have one or two more that aren't too stylized, but I don't hold out any real hope. In a perfect word, what teemu has been saying for what seems like years might actually happen someday :lol

If a couple come down the pipe that impress than I'll be pleasantly surprised, if not no loss.

I'm having enough fun putting customs together to have mostly forgotten about Sideshow for the time being.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to King Darkness again.

since when??? ;)

Maybe I'm jumping the gun...

It's just a matter of time for that.

...but like Evil said, it's only a matter of time. Took a couple years for DC to get the statue / premium format treatment. With the amount of money to be made and the relationship that Sideshow has with Marvel, a sixth scale Marvel line is bound to happen.

I was just messing with you. :wink1:

If you go through the entire "Its time for the next Joe!" thread (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?42428-Its-time-for-the-next-Joe!), you'll understand completely what I'm talking about. The Joe line is a fantastic line, but of course, it doesn't get a smuch love from Sideshow as the Star Wars line.

And with the new Marvel and DC sixth scale lines, unfortunately the Joe line is the red-headed stepchild.

I know you are,haha. I almost posted this in that thread but noticed it hadn't had any posts in quite some time... Just trying to get the blood flowing I guess...

My first SS joe was the New cobra commander, followed by Baroness, Maj. Bludd, Zartan, Cobra Viper and Crimson Guard, I just recently picked up the V.2 Snake Eyes and will be getting V.2 Storm Shadow tomorrow hopefully!

So far I love all the figures, they all have their own issues, some are stylized more than others, but in a lot of the cases I think they really work. I know a lot of people are saying how they aren't liking the Destro figure, I think he looks awesome and can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

Favorite Sideshow interview

Interview with Matt Bischof-

How is the G.I.Joe 1/6 scale line doing for Sideshow?

The line is doing well and we are planning more characters,both Joe and Cobra, to join the Ranks.

Can you reveal any particular characters in Mind?

Scarlet,which is obvious since we have the new female body with the upcoming release of Baroness.Also Snowjob,Shipwreck,Gung-ho are all in development,along with Roadblock.On the Cobra side,we're looking at B.A.T.S,Tomax and Xamot seem to be requested often,and of course the Snow Serpent to coincide with Snow Job's release,Croc Master and the Dreadnocks Torch,Ripper,Buzzer.

What about Mutt and Junkyard and Spirit with Freedom?

They are also coming.We are looking to release one figure per quarter and next year having another SDCC exclusive for 2014.We know fans want these characters and as soon as possible,So we are working hard in future development to get them released and in a timely fashion.

How does Sideshow react to fan criticism from Fans Aka like Destro?

Ah,the whining Fans.Destro is Sideshow's interpretation of the character in which we took several Classic elements and combined them together.We also based our figure off the 1993-94 G.I Joe Hall of Fame Destro.We felt combining the Classic look with the Joe HOF look it would make him look different and he fits perfectly right into our line of current figures.He's got his Classic Blaster,Classic Helmet,Classic Red Collar,His Classic Arm Rockets.What more do you *****es want?

Thank you answering these few questions and taking the time to answer them.

You're Welcome.Don't worry,more Joes are on the way.

Ah, the “fake” interview. You really don’t help your cause when you say “My sources tell me that ‘X’ and ‘Y” figure are coming”, then you post (or re-post) a fake interview. A little Boy Who Cried Wolf, IMO.

Ah, the “fake” interview. You really don’t help your cause when you say “My sources tell me that ‘X’ and ‘Y” figure are coming”, then you post (or re-post) a fake interview. A little Boy Who Cried Wolf, IMO.

whatever :)......I was told by the most logically source that chimes in on the Sideshow freaks boards often.....at least I wasn't given bad news.She could of said the line is over...but was told nothing as far as game over for this line

Just curious as to being new here, why is this quoted as being a fake interview? Just trying to get up to speed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious as to being new here, why is this quoted as being a fake interview? Just trying to get up to speed :)

It was fake...a joke....most of it was wishful thinking

So here is my dilemma, I have a handful ( 100+ ) vintage gi joe figures from 83 on that I have collected through the years and I really don't do much with them... I have been thinking about selling them so I can buy some of the older sideshow joes that I have missed... What would you do?

That's right it was a fake intreview. I had forgotten about that one. THat's probably where I had Shipwreck and Roadblock stuck in my head as being in R&D.

Like some others here, the Destro reveal killed a lot of my remaining enthusiasm for the line as a whole. He's such an important, iconic villain, and they totally ****ed him up. I've got my handful of Sideshow Joes (some stock, some modded) that I'm really happy with anyway, including all my favorites (Flint, Zartan, Firefly, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Dusty) so no huge deal to me if the line ends before we get more "modern" interpretations I would pass on.

Like some others here, the Destro reveal killed a lot of my remaining enthusiasm for the line as a whole. He's such an important, iconic villain, and they totally ****ed him up. I've got my handful of Sideshow Joes (some stock, some modded) that I'm really happy with anyway, including all my favorites (Flint, Zartan, Firefly, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Dusty) so no huge deal to me if the line ends before we get more "modern" interpretations I would pass on.

Really? I actually like the looks of Destro, but then again I am not dead set on the figures looking exactly like their 80's counterparts... Plus I have noticed figures seem to change a bit from the reveal until they are released... So who knows what we will end up with.

Same old crap from Sideshow... no new announcements or pre-orders in how long has it been now? Disappointing releases: Destro/Storm Shadow II/Snae Eyes II and persistent QC issues on ridiculously overpriced figures. So many previous Sideshow lines have died the same death. I just don't see the Joe line enduring when the exclusives no longer sell out quickly and they have remaining unsold stock of figures from over a year ago. It's no wonder their focus is on the DC stuff now while Joe is the bastard stepchild for them.

Back