When are we going to hear about any new figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veedubguy83

Freaked Out
Reaction score
... Are there going to be anymore new figures? Or was Cobra Commander, Baroness, Storm Shadow V.2 and Destro the end of the line? I hope not because they are really starting to improve on these figures quite a bit, yeah it sucks that the prices have increased, but that is just the way of the world... I am hoping we hear something soon...

... Are there going to be anymore new figures? Or was Cobra Commander, Baroness, Storm Shadow V.2 and Destro the end of the line? I hope not because they are really starting to improve on these figures quite a bit, yeah it sucks that the prices have increased, but that is just the way of the world... I am hoping we hear something soon...

probably won't see anything new till SDCC....The line isn't dead................yet

That is what I was thinking... I am guessing they base everything off of the sales of figures and all that, I have noticed the new CC and Baroness and even Major Bludd still have Ex's Availiable, how many do they usually make and how soon do they usually sell out? Is this the norm for this line? I would hate to see them abandon it just as it is really starting to look better, in my eyes anyways...

I seem to remember them mentioning Shipwreck and Roadblock as being in R&D a long time ago. Not sure how far along they were. It might have just been a list of names on a sheet of paper. With their recent email that said the year of the snake is over I kind of expect a few Joes to be shown next. My guess would be Roadblock, Shipwreck and maybe either Scarlet or Lady Jaye (hoping for Jaye). Still when you see the number of figures still in stock for GI Joe my guess is the line is winding down and it might not be around for too much longer.

I feel "meh" towards Sideshow and their handling of the G I Joe line. They firing on all cylinders then a whole lot of meh....:dunno

Well if they so decide to end it, at least I will be able to play catch up with all the earlier releases that I have missed, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, only good thing about them is using Rock and Bruce to make other characters.

Sideshow is going to stylize the hell of their Joe figures from here on out. My being a completist in the line ended when 'Destro' was shown. Just grabbing the overpriced bits I need from TA, MD and BO from now on.

Are you new to the Joe threads? :rotfl

Just kidding. This has been a sticking point with us Joe collectors (in my case, former Joe collector...living vicariously through the other Joe stalwarts such as King Darkness, Evilface, and others) since the beginning (with the exception of one strecth a few years back where we got a bunch of new Joe news with each newsletter): we get a new figure, go ga ga over it, then no news at all for months.

EDIT: Uh oh, just read Evil's post above. The Joe stalwarts have decreased little by little...

i like how they are doing the figs...but why did they change destro so much? they left the others pretty much the same as the comic(figures)..why change him so drastically? that's what is gonna ruin the line more then anything...

Actually I am new to the joe threads :) just trying to get a better feel for how the line has been in the past and how it has progressed through the years and wondering if I should invest much more time and money into this line..

I seem to remember them mentioning Shipwreck and Roadblock as being in R&D a long time ago. Not sure how far along they were. It might have just been a list of names on a sheet of paper. With their recent email that said the year of the snake is over I kind of expect a few Joes to be shown next. My guess would be Roadblock, Shipwreck and maybe either Scarlet or Lady Jaye (hoping for Jaye). Still when you see the number of figures still in stock for GI Joe my guess is the line is winding down and it might not be around for too much longer.

Yeah,the next one's coming are likely Scarlet,Roadblock,Shipwreck,Gung-ho and Snowjob

Cobra Side- Snow Serpent,BATS,Tomax/Xamot....We thought Sideshow was also working on Dreadnocks based on a leaked SDCC list

this year is Joe 50th anniversary,so you'd think Sideshow would be showing us something soon

Actually I am new to the joe threads :) just trying to get a better feel for how the line has been in the past and how it has progressed through the years and wondering if I should invest much more time and money into this line..

I say yes....Majority of the figures are GREAT! They are not perfect ARAH card renditions,but they are one of Sideshow's best line... even Duke is underrated IMO

I was just messing with you. :wink1:

If you go through the entire "Its time for the next Joe!" thread (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?42428-Its-time-for-the-next-Joe!), you'll understand completely what I'm talking about. The Joe line is a fantastic line, but of course, it doesn't get a smuch love from Sideshow as the Star Wars line.

And with the new Marvel and DC sixth scale lines, unfortunately the Joe line is the red-headed stepchild.

Back