Problems with Ebay seller comix_bazar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demongrowler

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello, i write here in case anyone can help me. I preordered last year the Hot Toys T-800 Battle Damaged exclusive from a Ebay seller, comix_bazar, as i had bought from him some months before without any problem (not a preorder) and i saw he had more than 20 thousand votes, and around 99% positive. To avoid buying directly from Sideshow as Fedex for me means a lot of extra taxes, being this seller from inside Europe as i am i paid him the 20% as a preorder, 58 Euros, to get the limited version with extra T1000 head. Now after nearly a year and the figure not only out but nearly out of stock in many shops after so much time, i have neither the figure, nor any refund, nor a miserable answer from seller. Until a couple of months ago he answered some messages, saying he was waiting to receive it, but lately he does not even answer anything.

I know with so much time passed i of course dont have any Paypal protection, so i would like if anyone has any idea of how to deal with this kind of seller. I usually avoid situations like this out of the 45 days protection period, but as i said previous experience with him and trust i had regarding his feedback led me to take the risk. After seeing this i understand he could be doing this to any buyer doing preorders as many months later he will not even be able to leave any feedback, so seller will always keep the around 99% positive feedback. I have phoned Ebay and of course they can not do anything, even tell him to answer any of the buyers messages.

I know 58 Euros is not a so high amount of money, i would like to get it back, but i am really frustated i can do nothing in this situation seeing this thief stole my money and ignores me. On google i have found some of pages (https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Eb...-frauduleux-fraudulous-seller/237815526265633) and some old mesages on forums regarding problems with this seller, i dont know if any of you has any idea of what to do. At least if i dont get my money i hope people know what this seller is doing.

Thank you.

That's funny, actually I take that back it's not actually funny at all as I ordered the Batman Premium Format with Cedric (Comix Bazar) & I was just about to open a thread myself. Cedric just doesn't seem to like emailing back which is so frustrating. I sent a number of emails a few months back to see when he would be expecting stock of Batman to finally get a replay saying March/April. Now for past few weeks I've been trying to see if he will give me a specific date now that we're past March & well into April but I just can't get a reply. I tried his email address numerous times, his eBay address & his website contact page but nothing :gah:

Like you said his eBay rating is exceptional. I'm so angry with myself but I have never in my time of collecting had a problem pre-ordering an item from a re-seller with good ratings like what Comix Bazar has.

I have found a few threads like this were buyers like ourselves have doubted him but managed to get a refund after along time of waiting
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...nch-1-4-Scale-Statues-by-Gentle-Giant/page406

If I don't get my Batman I'll be absolutely gutted.

Any Freaks on these boards able to speak French by any chance? :/

I've been emailing Cedric every day now for a week & nothing, even tried calling him & nothing. Be well aware of this seller guys he's not to be trusted

Sorry to hear about that, but it's stories like these that ensure that I will NEVER PO anything from a seller on eBay. They better have it IN HAND before I throw money at anyone. I hope you get your money back or get your items.

Technically I think eBay pre-orders are "illegal" unless they have the item in hand within 30 days....which we know doesn't happen once a Hot Toys pre-order pops up (you're looking at an average 3-6 month wait minimum). However, because eBay doesn't monitor pre-order sales and such, you are getting your own hand bit by "pre-ordering" on eBay and trusting in the seller.

Like Rambler said, the best way is to "wait" until they have it in hand. If you MUST have a certain item, you're probably better off paying the extra taxes and going through a reliable retailer like Sideshow.

Sorry dude, I wish you luck getting your money back but you might not want to pre-order on eBay anymore.

Technically I think eBay pre-orders are "illegal" unless they have the item in hand within 30 days....which we know doesn't happen once a Hot Toys pre-order pops up (you're looking at an average 3-6 month wait minimum). However, because eBay doesn't monitor pre-order sales and such, you are getting your own hand bit by "pre-ordering" on eBay and trusting in the seller.

Like Rambler said, the best way is to "wait" until they have it in hand. If you MUST have a certain item, you're probably better off paying the extra taxes and going through a reliable retailer like Sideshow.

Sorry dude, I wish you luck getting your money back but you might not want to pre-order on eBay anymore.

No I won't, I made a huge mistake. I use a great reseller now who I just ordered Batman with again.

I'm going to look into everything possible to get him though. I've noticed he's ripped quite a few other collectors off now so maybe if we can all get together we can report him to the EU Anti-Fraud Office & hopefully they'll investigate him

The only time I've ever pre-ordered on eBay was with a seller who doesn't require a deposit.

Never hand money over knowing you won't receive the item within 45 days.

Finally I just received a message from Cedric saying "Statue still hasn't arrived but do I want a refund" which I said yes to. If he is an honest seller I feel a bit bad now but when I can't get hold of him after sending numerous messages it does make me worried.

He hasn't yet sent my money back so it's still not resolved yet though :/

Finally I just received a message from Cedric saying "Statue still hasn't arrived but do I want a refund" which I said yes to. If he is an honest seller I feel a bit bad now but when I can't get hold of him after sending numerous messages it does make me worried.

Hi Steve, really glad he's got back in touch...that's at least something to hang on to. Like you said, until you get your funds back it won't be resolved but I'm pretty sure you will buddy :)

Great at least you had an answer from him, lucky guy, im still waiting mine, did he answered throught Ebay messages or by other email address? Hope you finaly get your money back. I will ask him again, maybe he remembered how to answer messages...

Great at least you had an answer from him, lucky guy, im still waiting mine, did he answered throught Ebay messages or by other email address? Hope you finaly get your money back. I will ask him again, maybe he remembered how to answer messages...

Through eBay. It takes about 10 messages before he replies though :dunno

Still no refund :gah:

I thought I was getting somewhere. Cedric promised me a refund last Thursday week gave him my details but nothing happened. Bombarded him again with emails to finally get a reply on Wednesday saying he would do it before the end of the week. Seriously it doesn't take 4 days to do a refund but anyway what a surprise nothing happened. Cedric has left me so frustrated & angry because I've been so patient with him

Still no refund :gah:

I thought I was getting somewhere. Cedric promised me a refund last Thursday week gave him my details but nothing happened. Bombarded him again with emails to finally get a reply on Wednesday saying he would do it before the end of the week. Seriously it doesn't take 4 days to do a refund but anyway what a surprise nothing happened. Cedric has left me so frustrated & angry because I've been so patient with him

Hey Steve, can only imagine your frustration buddy...hopefully after this other people will think twice before ordering from him. Still can't believe that I've actually used this guy twice myself :horror what are your options now of going about getting the money back? Civil courts?

Hey Steve, can only imagine your frustration buddy...hopefully after this other people will think twice before ordering from him. Still can't believe that I've actually used this guy twice myself :horror what are your options now of going about getting the money back? Civil courts?

Well I'll go through all the options I can. I've got emails from him saying he will refund me & asking for my details. So I'll report him to PayPay/eBay just to start with

I'm going to give him one more week

I have been sending him messages thought ebay last weeks, nearly one a day for more than a week, and i have not got a single answer from him... really frustating. In case you finally get your money back, after you get it please ask him about my situation if possible as at least he reads yours, i really dont know what more i can do

Searching more in google i ended in this thread:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...p-all-members-here-successful-conclusion.html

There a buyer suffering a similar problem a long time ago with same seller got this solved by asking other members to send seller messages asking a refund for him. Seller's email seems to be [email protected] (i also tried there in the past with no answer). If anyone reading this thread could please send him messages to that email address or throught his Ebay account comix_bazar, it may help a lot. If on message you ask for RagingBull's refund and my 58 Euros refund for my T800 preorder (on Ebay im demongrowler), who knows, it may help us and doing it is free. Thanks in advance.

Got my money :yess:

Twice Cedric said he would refund me by email but didn't do it. I managed to get him by phone on Tuesday & he said he would refund me that day but didn't. Called again Wednesday & he said he would refund that afternoon, it didn't happen.

I tried calling him again all day Thursday but couldn't get through so I sent him a lot of emails saying I wouldn't give up until you gave me my money back even if it ends up costing me. Anyway I had enough because I felt I wasn't getting anywhere so I called Action Fraud to report him & midway through my statement I got a PayPal alert my refund was finally in my account :yess:

Got my money :yess:

Twice Cedric said he would refund me by email but didn't do it. I managed to get him by phone on Tuesday & he said he would refund me that day but didn't. Called again Wednesday & he said he would refund that afternoon, it didn't happen.

I tried calling him again all day Thursday but couldn't get through so I sent him a lot of emails saying I wouldn't give up until you gave me my money back even if it ends up costing me. Anyway I had enough because I felt I wasn't getting anywhere so I called Action Fraud to report him & midway through my statement I got a PayPal alert my refund was finally in my account :yess:

That's great news Steve...finally!!! :yess:

Back