Movie Remakes In Development

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ween

Wahooooo!!!!
Reaction score
So what do you think? Make sure you read who is/was involved with these. I would only really be interested in what they do with War Games and Logan's Run.

https://www.empireonline.com/features/upcoming-movie-remakes

1. The Prophet
2. The Black Hole
3. Escape from New York
4. Gremlins
5. Highlander
6. IT
7. Jacob's Ladder
8. Flight of the Navigator
9. Logan's Run
10. The Mummy
11. NL's Vacation
12. Police Academy
13. Starship Troopers
14. Suspiria
15. The Naked Gun
16. The Grunge
17. Cliffhanger
18. The Transporter
19. Tomb Raider
20. War Games
21. Short Circuit
22. Toxic Avenger
23. Van Helsing
24. The Wild Bunch

IT, Logan's Run, NL's vacation, Starship Troopers, Suspiria, Tomb Raider - can't be considered as remakes.

They're making a Wild Bunch remake? The **** you smoking, Hollywood? Eh, that's not really fair, though. The 3:10 to Yuma remake was pretty great, and the Cohens' True Grit was probably one of my favorite films they've made, and, frankly, the Western is a dying genre in today's day and age, so, if it means a decent Western, I'm for it.

I doubt we'll ever see Escape from New York remade let alone another Snake Plissken adventure.

Hmmm... ST and TR can be considered as reboots since they had several films within one continuity.
Others were one-shot adaptations so new movies of the same name are just new adaptations.

Hmmm... ST and TR can be considered as reboots since they had several films within one continuity.
Others were one-shot adaptations so new movies of the same name are just new adaptations.

That's a remake, or a re-do then.

They're making a Wild Bunch remake? The **** you smoking, Hollywood? Eh, that's not really fair, though. The 3:10 to Yuma remake was pretty great, and the Cohens' True Grit was probably one of my favorite films they've made, and, frankly, the Western is a dying genre in today's day and age, so, if it means a decent Western, I'm for it.

Did you read the article about it? Would you still be for it if Will Smith was in it?

I'm sure most of those won't even happen. Some are absurd, some have no chance of making money. But remakes and reboots are always going to happen. The one that really baffles me from that list though, is the Toxic Avenger. Why? It isn't like the originals are all that well known, and I don't see it bringing any money in. Only way it makes sense to me is if Troma just wants to reboot it.

Remake classics like Police Academy and Naked Gun would just be silly.If they try to hard to copy the original's simple humour and characters,it won't end well.

I can think of one movie right now who suffered exactly that."Dumb and Dumberer".

Unless they just make them sequals with same actors.Would be fun to see a Police Academy reunion.

Remake classics like Police Academy and Naked Gun would just be silly.If they try to hard to copy the original's simple humour and characters,it won't end well.

I can think of one movie right now who suffered exactly that."Dumb and Dumberer".

Unless they just make them sequals with same actors.Would be fun to see a Police Academy reunion.
In general, I think those are bad ideas, but I can at least see the logic. Folks have some vague familiarity with those franchises, you can easily cobble together a crappy comedic update with Seth Rogan or Jonah Hill or whatever, and the costs are low, so. . .Police Academy is one I can very easily see happening.

Did you read the article about it? Would you still be for it if Will Smith was in it?

No, I didn't, and the last time Will Smith remade a classic Western property, we got Wild, Wild West, so, that definitely changes things. Suffice it to say, keep your stinking paws off of it, you bastards!:lol

Some of these are mind boggling.
I'm really surprised Logan's Run doesn't get fast tracked with a Hunger Games type cast. In certain respects it was a YA novel before the genre existed.

Back