Pick One! T1 / T2 / Robocop 1 / Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick Only One!

• Total voters
I wonder does my own reason correspond with other people's reasons as to why they might not like it quite as much.

Why might Robocop not be as popular with the majority as the Terminators and Predator?

I went with Predator because it doesn't age. Jungles always look the same whether it's 1970 or 2015. Sure guns and such change but there was a good discussion on IMDB about this. Overall the military clothing hasn't changed a great deal over the past few decades.

That and the fact I love jungle films. All that lush greenery hiding about and camping in spots hiding.

As much as I love Terminator, 2 and Robocop they've aged badly now. I see them and I feel momentarily for close to 2 hours stuck in the 80s. Yet Predator has a similar feeling but a different feeling to the 80s. Look at the guns, they don't look that old. Kevlar hasn't changed much, or military clothing and so on.
Plus the fact how good Predator masks and equipment still looks fantastic today. Looks like something you could expect in 21xx/22xx.

Terminator 2 is such an amazing movie that they made two 3D theme park attractions about it.

Tell me how many theme park attractions did Predator, Robocop or T1 got? :lol

There is 'as we speak' an Alien vs Predator theme park being made in the East.

WHAT? WHAT????????????

Nfpo0vp.gif

I have never watched any of AvP movies, Predators or Brometheus.

Are any of them worth watching?

I've only seen Alien/Aliens/Aliens3/Aliens4/Predator1/Predator2.

If you think The Avengers was one of the greatest movies ever made, chances are you will not like Prometheus.

AvP: Requiem is the only one that's truly awful. The only redeeming quality is the predator design which you can't see because the film is so dark.

AvP and Predators I always rate about equal. They both have tons of problems but aren't necessarily bad IMO... at least not Requiem bad.

Prometheus - 8.5/10

AvP - 6.5/10

Predators - 6/10

AvP:R - 3/10

Lol at your Avengers comment. :lol

I just finished watching Aliens, its been 10 years since my last viewing.

I forgot how spectacular it was.

Hands down one of the best scifi movies ever created, it truly is a masterpiece, right up there with the other movies on this poll.

I will give AvP/Predators and Brometheus a shot with rentals.

Last edited:
Predators is basically a remake of Predator in Disguise. is that simple. But instead of one predator there are 3. the movie tries to build suspense but it is kind of slow at first.

The last 25 minutes are really amazing as a predator fan. Some really great predator design and a great ending. I say worth watching just for the predator designs alone.

AVP, kind of the same story, starts really slow and you see a lot of idiotic characters. but halfway it gets decent and it has some nice action. the predators are ugly but, again, the ending is kind of worth checking out.

Predators doesn't disappoint, but AVP does, I don't think anyone has been pissed at watching predators but I know people hate AVP,

Prometheus, that one is a hard one to recommend. I personally love it, I Love the hell out of it, amazing movie. But a lot of people really hated it, specially hardcore alien fans.
I would say Brometheus is better than Alien Resurrection and Alien 3 :dunno

AVP Requiem.... total toxic waste. do not approach. the screen is black for 80 Percent of the movie and I am not kidding when I saw you cannot see what the hell is going on.
They made an okay movie but for some reason in post production they decided to bring the brightness down 90 percent or something. :cuckoo:

To be honest I liked AVPR when I saw in theaters because it had more violence than AVP and it was rated R, in theaters it was not dark at all, but the blu ray release is really dark.

T1 , because it came FIRST! :wink1:
Great movie, at a low budget, that without it and it's success, might not even have T2 or Predator at all.
Chances are if Arnie hadn't been exposed to Winstons talent during T1 we would never of got the Predator we know and love.
I went with Predator because it doesn't age. Jungles always look the same whether it's 1970 or 2015. Sure guns and such change but there was a good discussion on IMDB about this. Overall the military clothing hasn't changed a great deal over the past few decades.
Great point, makes the movie as relevant today as it was in '87.

AvP gets a rough ride from a lot of people, I absolutely love it.
AvPR was such a disappointment.

AVP could have been a great movie if they didn't cut before a person got killed. that was really bad, anyone someone was attacked the camera would cut away.

And, the same complain as always, Celtic and Chopper needed way much more screen time. that really really hurts the movie for me.

But yeah the rest is okay, just those two things that kind of ruin it for me. I just cant love it because of that

i was looking for that site but I forgot what it was called :hi5:

Seems like they don't add anything really interesting. Just some CGI blood when there was no blood in the original..... lame.

Last edited:
I've always thought AvP was itself a good movie, just a bad alien/predator movie. I liked the ancient aliens visiting Earth, helping us build civilizations, being worshipped as gods concept, I just don't think it fits what we know of the predator from the first two films.

Also no predator should wear a cape. Ever.

Back