Sideshow playing with their numbers!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envyme

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok I am writing this in regards to SS edition prices and their (Hurry Less than X Remain). I have been watching a few that I already have on PO. My father and a co worker are interested in the non EX's so I keep tabs on them. In the last month I have seen the Spidey CQ, Apoc and Red Skull PFEX say less than 10 remaining then jump up to 80-50. I understand people change their minds but sorry I call BS when its doing this weekly. With a NRD of $40 minimum that would mean people are losing over $4-5k in deposits a week changing their minds. I personally think SS is becoming greedy ...with their statue costs going up and now making statues seem more Limited or harder to get than they are forcing people into buying them. Don't believe me check it out .... Spidey had less than 5 remaining on Monday. Now he has less than 80..... that's 75 PO's canceled in 3 days.

Ahhhh first time I have come across this, isn't that kinda false advertising? I know the only reason they do it , is because people that were on the fence or are thinking of flipping will buy the statues when the inventory is low. A few of these "trends" I am noticing SS do are really putting me off from collecting their statues.

Also need to be cautious of those magically back in stock items can be signs of restocking returned items. These items usually have QC issues.

Also need to be cautious of those magically back in stock items can be signs of restocking returned items. These items usually have QC issues.

I think with the Spidey CQ since its a PO still they do the numbers game to try and generate sales, it has said under 10 in stock 4x now ...and then magically when it hits 0 the number shoots back up to less than 100 remain order now. . . Kinda sad that they lie to the consumer to sell statues.

I wouldn't worry about it. the quantity is already set, regardless. Now it's the changing of the ES after it's been set that should be concern. I never check back after i pre-order.

The Green Lantern Bust was announced with a 350 Edition size, that changed to TBD. Not sure why SS plays these game with editions and sellouts. I lost a lot of faith in the company.

Of course, the other way to look at it is that you should buy what you enjoy having and not worry about whether there are 200 or 400 or whatever. I may note how many they are planning on producing but I certainly don't let that affect my decision to purchase or not. The Galactus maquette is a perfect example. I love that piece and enjoy it every day but it wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow sold it for 10 years. If you're in it to make money you may be very disappointed one day.

I love Sideshow but their tactics are despicable.
'Low Quanity' then 'Checking Inventory' to 'Less than 90' :cuckoo:
Why lie to your customers and treat them like morons?

The other annoying thing is the refusal to publish any review under four stars.

I love Sideshow but their tactics are despicable.
'Low Quanity' then 'Checking Inventory' to 'Less than 90' :cuckoo:
Why lie to your customers and treat them like morons?

The other annoying thing is the refusal to publish any review under four stars.

Either that or they need a new inventory system. I think they can afford it. I still think going back to the stock bar is the best thing to do, even if it is just vague until low quantity. You always know where stock is at so items don't sell out before you know and it can't get "massaged" to influence sales.

Back