Media Drakengard 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chargersfan57

Super Freak
Reaction score
logo-003.jpg

I'm a little surprised no one seems to be talking about this game here. It comes out in a month and a half and I can't wait.....

Drakengard-3-art.jpg

drakengard_3_wallpaper_by_protosomega-d6ruefv-642x362.png

"Silence is Mine" OST theme song by Chihiro Onitsuka
[video]https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pQrQEmClpWc[/video]

English Trailer
[video]https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=algjU-w7Z-o[/video]

Name: Drag-on Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3)
Developer: Access Games
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Dates:
NA- May 20, 2014
EU- May 21, 2014
Genre: Action Role-Playing

Distribution
NA Collectors Edition
d3_collectors_edition-600x414.jpg

Limited to 5,000 copies

EU Collectors Edition
Drakengard3Collector'sEdition.jpg

Limited to 2,000 copies

Both CE' s will come in premium packaging, and will include a hard book novella, detailing the events preceding the actual game. It is written from the views of the Itoners, Zero' s sisters; music selection CD, poster, plus a host of downloadable content.

Please note: The EU regions will only be receiving a digital download version of Drakengard 3. As such the EU CE will include a download voucher for the game.

Last edited:
Not really that weird since the first two weren't known as the greatest games. I really wish they would remake the first game with updated gameplay. The story was so dark and so twisted, it was like nothing else I've played. Reminded me of my favorite manga Berserk. Caim was very interesting for a mute protagonist.

To be honest I have never heard of this series. Is it any good? I'm huge on story in games. So if the story is gripping and well told, I will forgive some gameplay lapses.

I don't know if you've read the Berserk manga, but it can get as dark as that (not as violent though). The first game had a solid story with two interesting main characters. You learn a lot about the mute Caim through his bond with the dragon who can speak. There are also alternate paths you can take after you beat the first ending which leads to Caim meeting other characters that join him including a crazy elf chick that kills and I think eats babies/children and another dude who apparently likes little boys (I never had that impression until I read more about the game). There's even a level where you/Caim kills conscripts that look around 12 years old crying out for their parents. Even the dragon who hates humanity is kind of disgusted by him there. Caim's sister is also in love with her brother which is weird as hell too. The story dark as hell, but is a pretty solid one for a game. Drakengard 2's story is less messed, but the gameplay is a lot more fluid. The one thing I'm not liking about 3 so far are the character designs are looking more anime where in the first two they had a good balance of realism and a bit of an anime flare.

I had never heard of this game series either until hearing of this 3rd game. I know this isn't a mainstream game, but I was under the impression this series had a cult fan following due to it's incredibly dark story and characters. I heard the gameplay wasn't the best but that wasn't the game's strength. The CE sold out pretty fast too so I expected there to be a few Drakengard diehards here...

As far as the anime look, I think it looks great. Then again I have always loved anime visually so I guess I'm biased.

I have nothing against anime, but I did like the original look better where it just had an anime flare to it.

490619-drakengard_50.jpg

I do love the series, but yeah, the first one especially has pretty meh gameplay, but I was still addicted because of the story.

Back