Bruce Timm's Batman returns in all-new animated shorts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.newsarama.com/20747-dc-...-bruce-timm-batman-animated-short-images.html

Titled "Batman: Strange Days," the new short seems to be a retelling of Batman's Golden Age encounter with Hugo Strange and his Monster Men. The long ears, sepia tone, and the fact that Batman looks to be using a machine gun, in one of the images certainly seem to indicate that this is Batman in his original incarnation. What also excites me, though, is that Darwyn Cooke, who was responsible for designing the opening credits of the Batman Beyond show, is also returning later this year with short films/episodes for Batman Beyond.

Last edited:
Re: Bruce Timm's animated Batman returns in all-new animated shorts

Cool. Now I wish they would have Timm go back and do some true mini-stories of BTAS. Excited about the Batman Beyond stuff as well!

Just saw this on twitter, looks really cool. Would be great to get Timm back for a handful of one off episodes. I really enjoyed the Superman short they did and this one looks to be even better. Love seeing the early days of Batman's appearances.

DC really should just try marketing nostalgia. Those DC Collectibles figures seem primed to sell higher numbers than any of the toys based on recent shows did ( for kids or adults). As much as I loved Young Justice, it's clear that Cartoon Network doesn't want intelligently written modern cartoons about superheroes. If I were DC, I'd try to get Timm and company to do a new continuation of the DCAU, be it Batman, JL, or otherwise, but, instead of trying to push it on kids who want to see Dwarf sized Teen Titans making pizza jokes, I'd aim for the people who would actually watch it and see if it could air on Adult Swim.

DC really should just try marketing nostalgia. Those DC Collectibles figures seem primed to sell higher numbers than any of the toys based on recent shows did ( for kids or adults). As much as I loved Young Justice, it's clear that Cartoon Network doesn't want intelligently written modern cartoons about superheroes. If I were DC, I'd try to get Timm and company to do a new continuation of the DCAU, be it Batman, JL, or otherwise, but, instead of trying to push it on kids who want to see Dwarf sized Teen Titans making pizza jokes, I'd aim for the people who would actually watch it and see if it could air on Adult Swim.

This post is full of win. A thousand times win.

A million times win!

Here's this week's DC All-Access with a look at the short, as well as Bruce Timm talking about what he was going for, with it:

Loved it! Haven't been interested in cartoons since the TAS. Was this a prequel to that? Either way it was awesome and hope there's more to come. Especially a blu ray release of the whole series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's definitely more to come, in some form. I was reading, I believe, a Comics Alliance interview with Timm about it, and they asked if Conroy returned as Batman, and Timm joked that he was paid pretty well for two lines of dialogue, but then he let it slip that Conroy actually recorded dialogue for another short, while he was there. With that in mind, we could be getting more like this, or it might be that Conroy was recording some old Bruce material for the upcoming Batman Beyond show.

There's definitely more to come, in some form. I was reading, I believe, a Comics Alliance interview with Timm about it, and they asked if Conroy returned as Batman, and Timm joked that he was paid pretty well for two lines of dialogue, but then he let it slip that Conroy actually recorded dialogue for another short, while he was there. With that in mind, we could be getting more like this, or it might be that Conroy was recording some old Bruce material for the upcoming Batman Beyond show.

What Batman Beyond Show?????
Are they bringing it back?!?! I need info batfan08!!!

They're supposedly doing a series of shorts, akin to this one. With Darwyn Cooke (the guy who did the credits for the original show/the artwork for Justice League:The New Frontier) taking the lead, design wise.

They're supposedly doing a series of shorts, akin to this one. With Darwyn Cooke (the guy who did the credits for the original show/the artwork for Justice League:The New Frontier) taking the lead, design wise.

Sweet! More Batman is always a good thing. I love Beyond. I was so happy when they introduced Terry in the DCU. I loved his 2 cameos in Batman #700.

just saw this last night once i heard batman speak i smiled Timm did a great job.

Back