Looking after Hot toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T800kaz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So I started collecting hot toys about a year ago and wanted to know the best way to keep my figures in good shape for a while.

I display them in a detovf but it does get very hot in the summer in my room and I know that heat can effect them. Is it a good idea to move them in a cooler less humid room?

Thanks

Very hot conditions tend to be bad for plastic collectibles, so yes it would be better to try to avoid subjecting them to that, if possible.

When I first saw this I thought it was like a babysitting thread for Hot Toys.

Buy a Wine Cooler Fridge and put your Hot Toys figure inside.

So I started collecting hot toys about a year ago and wanted to know the best way to keep my figures in good shape for a while.

I display them in a detovf but it does get very hot in the summer in my room and I know that heat can effect them. Is it a good idea to move them in a cooler less humid room?

Thanks

You know how those old cheap toys used to melt when you put them in the microwave ?

Now imagine that effect on $250+ Hot Toys left in a hot humid environment for a couple of years.

I have most of my figures stored away, but the collectibles that I have displayed have been fine - regardless if it's hot or cold. I think too much humidity is the main factor that can destroy your figures by causing them to dry-rot. It hasn't been a problem in my apartment, as it's usually very dry, year round.

Back