1/6 Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive) CONFIRMED FAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least this will show Hot Toys that there is a great interest and demand for a Ra's

Like a dozen or so people expressed enthusiasm for this. I wouldn't say it's an apt example of great interest or demand for the figure.

Like a dozen or so people expressed enthusiasm for this. I wouldn't say it's an apt example of great interest or demand for the figure.

IMO any figure from TDK Trilogy is going to sell out. They all have so far. Even the expensive Tumbler and BatPod. Im sure the armory will sell out once its officially shipping.

That interview had me fooled of course, but the "living carpet" quote was the main thing jumped out that I thought it could be fake. It just didn't sound like anything HTs would say. And the translation was way to smooth.

But the good news is that Returns is still in the works, so it really doesn't matter to me it was faked because I was really looking forward to Returns figures :)
Just a dumb prank and someone has way too much time on their hands :lol

Cannot believe that hot toys has jumped on this bandwagon, its pretty much a suit and liam neeson headsculpt.

That said I remember a interview with Chan around the release of inception, he was asked if there were a chance of figures released for DiCaprio from the film and he said no, as he had no real excitement to release figures of men in suits. Maybe that's his stance on ras, unless of course they went the league of shadows route.

I'm not buying Nolan stuff anymore and I'm very much on board the backlash bandwagon but even I think it would be ridiculous for Hot Toys to leave Ra'as unmade. He's the only Nolan-verse villain they haven't made and he's Liam Neeson. Liam Neeson is cool. I see no reason for Hot Toys to not make him. As Morphosis said he will sell and probably become expensive on the aftermarket in years to come aswell just like everything else from these films does.

They're doing Bruce and Alfred - they did Gordon as an exclusive. I'd consider that R'as would be done eventually. I know they aren't happy about the bootlegs out there.

Re: April fools? Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

well you also have to consider HTs can't make everything, they are relatively small toy company, they have many licenses to do. It amazes me that they can put out as many as they do. And who knows, maybe there were issues getting the Neeson license? Besides his Star Wars character and a few Mattel smaller figures from BBegins, there is not a lot of Neeson based characters made as toys. There were no statues made of him either from BBegins.

Im sure they want to create him since they seem to be huge fans of the franchise so I bet he will come out eventually if they get the license. But to me if your a big fan of the films, if he comes out tomorrow or 20 years from now, it shouldn't matter. Some people are just impatient and need everything immediately or they lose interest and a lot of those types wind up selling the figure anyway after a week, maybe a month. I just will never feel that way especially anything with TDK Trilogy or anything Batman. But thats just me, however I'm sure there are zillions of fans of TDK Trilogy who feel the same as me. :)

TDK trilogy, TDK trilogy, TDK trilogy, TDK trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back