Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing though, I don't have $800 to just give them this month. Now, if he had been $800 and I could have flexed him at that price, More than likely, I'd have done it. But I wasn't into paying $200 more just because, to me that feels like I'm being cheated out of $200, which is half another PF. It sucks because I like him, but I'm good with the decision.

Exclusivity to me is just an excuse people think they can use for owning these. Someone comes over, see they have a bunch of Comic stuff and they're over 25 years of age and they go "Well I own that because there's only 100 in the world", no, you own it because your a geek and like Costumed hero's and horror/fantasy Movies, quit trying to make excuses and be who you are. :rotfl

Hahaha yeah I've noticed that as an excuse to be a geek like its a shameful thing. Lol yeah to me having something that's exclusive matters a bit to be honest but at the end of the day I have to like the piece otherwise its a no go. Yeah I get not having the loot, been going through a bit of that myself and its kinda crappy but I'm all about paying in full at this moment in time because next year I'll have the money Lol. I liked the Legend statue but I don't have Enough of a connection that its something I Need to have and I could've easily bought it into flip it but I'm not like that either, I'd rather someone that wants it gets it

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

And I think XM is way over priced. Of course a custom piece is more expensive, they're mostly made by people who have to buy the supplies at retail rates. They don't buy in that much bulk to where they get a discount like these companies can. Also, when it comes to casting and other elements, the artist either does it himself, which takes time or pays someone to do so, which costs money, either way they aren't outsourcing it to China where the labor is cheaper.

Point being, I wasn't keen on paying $1000 for him, why would I pay $1600 when for $400 more I get that amazingly huge Doom legendary scale that dwarfs it?

You're comparing price and size on Darkness but what about the Weta Balrog and Smaug I'm sure you'll buy? They will be expensive and smaller than most desire. Granted price isn't known yet but I'd guess they'll both be over $800.

You're comparing price and size on Darkness but what about the Weta Balrog and Smaug I'm sure you'll buy? They will be expensive and smaller than most desire. Granted price isn't known yet but I'd guess they'll both be over $800.
I might skip on Smaug myself for the Rog, what about you

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Here's my take on this -
This is probably the last LoD statue we're ever going to see produced, and with the way collectibles prices are creeping up with every new release, at 800, or even 1K, considering the size and rarity, it was 'now or never' for me. I've been drooling over LoD for some time now, but couldn't find the SS PF for a price I could live with...Then, this piece came... So, I'd rather pay retail for a 150ES, 1/3 LoD now, than try to hunt one down a year from now, paying double or more. And I have no doubt it will be at least double.
So, to all the bashers, the Nay-Sayers, etc - I get it. You don't like it. Don't like the price. Don't like the color. The smell. The taste. And that is fine, you are entitled to whatever rocks your boat.
Me? I am as happy as a tornado in a trailer park. Happy I scored one, happy with size, price, ES. And when the day comes on which I get to take him out of his packaging, I will say "OH YEAH!!!"
Thanks for listening :)

That was basically me. I wanted to own this piece from the get-go, but wasn't sure how much of a priority it was -- until they revealed the edition size and mentioned the 20% discount. If I was to buy this thing, it had to be now.

That's a custom piece to your specifications, I understand that, this is a piece that a company is producing, That, with the size chart I put up, isn't worth, to me at least, much more than Galactus.

Galactus = 33"
Galactus = $799
Galactus = ES unknown
Galactus = 2 mouth sculpts
Galactus = Nova & Silver Surfer
Galactus = No real mixed media

LOD = 38"
LOD = $799 (money down)
LOD = ES 150
LOD = Acrylic Teeth, Eyes
LOD = Unicorn Horn & staff
LOD = Impressive mixed media

The biggest difference between the two is the Edition size. That alone will make LOD more valuable in the aftermarket. I have a feeling they produced a ****load of Galactus. It's not even close to being sold out on Sideshow. :)

Quality on Galactus isn't that great either. It's certainly nice, but there is some slop from pictures I've seen. I've accepted the seemingly inherent imperfection of Sideshow's statues. :lol

Galactus = 33"
Galactus = $799
Galactus = ES unknown

LOD = 38"
LOD = $799 (money down)
LOD = ES 150

The biggest difference between the two is the Edition size. That alone will make LOD more valuable in the aftermarket. I have a feeling they produced a ****load of Galactus. It's not even close to being sold out on Sideshow. :)

Quality on Galactus isn't that great either. It's certainly nice, but there is some slop from pictures I've seen. I've accepted the seemingly inherent imperfection of Sideshow's statues. :lol

I don't care...I'll be owning both! :lecture :lol :lol

qu3ubava.jpg

I actually love my Galactus...its a magnificent piece. Yes, there were some which were received with various QC issues but then this can be said for most Sideshow pieces no? :huh on the most part I think it was a well received piece. With that said, I certainly won't be comparing him in any way once my LOD arrives...2 totally different statues and characters. Value for money? It's not really important surely :dunno you buy things cos you love them not cos you worry about how much it will sell for in the future. However, I will still respect those that passed on this cos the they thought the price was too high or that they felt it wasn't worth the money...I guess only time will tell for them if that decision was the correct one :(

Last edited:
Galactus = 33"
Galactus = $799
Galactus = ES unknown

LOD = 38"
LOD = $799 (money down)
LOD = ES 150

I don't buy statues for the number on the bottom or the aftermarket value though. So neither make any difference to me.

The $800 full-money-down preorder wasn't the only deal available. I put down $150 when I preordered. I then make 5 more payments of $150. That's $900. I was more than happy to pay that.

That's the thing though, I don't have $800 to just give them this month. Now, if he had been $800 and I could have flexed him at that price, More than likely, I'd have done it. But I wasn't into paying $200 more just because, to me that feels like I'm being cheated out of $200, which is half another PF. It sucks because I like him, but I'm good with the decision.

Exclusivity to me is just an excuse people think they can use for owning these. Someone comes over, see they have a bunch of Comic stuff and they're over 25 years of age and they go "Well I own that because there's only 100 in the world", no, you own it because your a geek and like Costumed hero's and horror/fantasy Movies, quit trying to make excuses and be who you are. :rotfl

If I'm saying at $800 I'd consider flexing him out, which means that's probably about as much as I'm willing to put out, then I wouldn't go $900. All I'm saying is at the price he was available at I'd be more apt to put the money towards something else because I personally don't think he was worth paying $900-$1000 for and he MIGHT have been worth it at $800.

Just as I think that $2k for the Darth Maul is about $500-$700 overpriced. Why Buy that when the Doom is the same price and is more detailed and Larger. I wouldn't, and won't. I'm just talking getting value for the money we're paying out, not in the sense of aftermarket value or exclusivity, but in the actual product. If' I'm paying $800-$1000 for something It better blow my mind. And while this thing is cool, it doesn't blow me away.

That was basically me. I wanted to own this piece from the get-go, but wasn't sure how much of a priority it was -- until they revealed the edition size and mentioned the 20% discount. If I was to buy this thing, it had to be now.

Same here. At 20%... hell even 10% flex pay, it was a killer deal especially if you're a fan of the film/character.

I'm actually glad PopCultureshockToys is keeping their Edition sizes low. :)
You purchase knowing you are one of the few Collectors that own it.

Back