Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it, definitely a pre-order for me ! :yess:
I never bought from PCS.. what do you guys think.. how close will the production piece be to this prototype when it comes to paint application and details of the tailoring ?

B.t.w. the teeth look so real !

I never bought from PCS.. what do you guys think.. how close will the production piece be to this prototype when it comes to paint application and details of the tailoring ?

I've only got one piece from PCS which was the Lion-O PF and have He-Man on the way. I've heard good things about their work apart from the usual problems regarding delays which you see from most companies in this market so nothing new there. I'm certainly confident when it comes to ordering from Jerry and the guys at PCS. Still unsure of when Darkness will be available for Pre Order but I know that Robocop was penned in for around the 5th May. Best bet is to subscribe to their newsletter Milo....have you done this yet? If not, head over to their website and you can subscribe from there buddy :hi5:

Thanks Roberto, yeah I have subscribed to their newsletter. :clap

B.t.w. here's another pic I found..

2dio8x0.jpg

As per this weeks newsletter, the 1/3 Darkness statue will be up for pre order at the end of June with the base still pending final design so we could see a nice change on the base which I think was needed...

qyjy8yzy.jpg

I sorta like the plain black base on this. Not sure what they could do that would beat the SS base, it's very nice and fits the PF perfectly.

I sorta like the plain black base on this. Not sure what they could do that would beat the SS base, it's very nice and fits the PF perfectly.

If anything I'd like to see the base to be a bit chunkier. A piece this big on a thin flat base just doesn't sit right for me :(

I agree but I can understand trying to keep the overall height down as well. Darkness is huge to begin with, and he's holding that staff.

for the last 4 years, I saw nearly every product of them and I can say that their paint application is really good. They are very different from Sideshow and gentle giant in terms of using color palette. You can clearly differentiate pop culture statues from other companies because of this understanding. On the other hand they used a more realistic approach for their Legend figure which is awesome. You can count on them, believe me:)

I love the character but I hate the pose... BIG TIME. For a character with such presence, the pose is what will make it a pass for me. The pose should be what the Lord of Darkness is all about - dark, evil, and demonic - not this proud, glorious, staff-holding character. Too bad. Still looking for one in my collection.

I love the character but I hate the pose... BIG TIME. For a character with such presence, the pose is what will make it a pass for me. The pose should be what the Lord of Darkness is all about - dark, evil, and demonic - not this proud, glorious, staff-holding character. Too bad. Still looking for one in my collection.

You mean he never posed like a "proud, glorious, staff-holding character"?

10174892_10152149595013565_961936260451887670_n.jpg

Saw this at Wondercon and it's impressive looking in person. Still gives me that John Travolta Saturday Night Fever vibe though. lol

I'm fine with the pose. I know it was modeled after that picture, but why change the facial expression. I like the smirk from the picture much better than the smile on the statue. It's more subtle.

Back