Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's better than picking up a bunch of statues that weigh a ton
True but it's also nice having a solid feeling statue like the Batman PF, even to a lesser extent Superman. I get why they do it, on the bigger ones especially.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

If this thing is rotocast, would it still weigh 30 lbs? Not sure which is why I'm asking. Seems like that'd be a lot of weight for something hollow.

If this thing is rotocast, would it still weigh 30 lbs? Not sure which is why I'm asking. Seems like that'd be a lot of weight for something hollow.

No, definitely not !

The 1/4 scale MK ninjas have an estimate weight of 13 lbs (8,5 kg).. but I'm sure it's much less..

Can you name a few companies that rotocast their 1/4 scale human character statue's ?

Sideshow does it A LOT.

The daredevil lifesize bust is 9 lbs. The same (ie hollow) can be said for many of the 1/4 scale statues.

Bowen and SOTA are other companies, although not 1/4 scale.

My understanding is that some manufacturers artifically increase the weight of their statues (IE add filler or a heavy base) to give the illusion of "heft".

The only company I am aware of that is not doing that (at least with their star wars statues) is gentle giant.

No, definitely not !

The 1/4 scale MK ninjas have an estimate weight of 13 lbs (8,5 kg).. but I'm sure it's much less..

Well, there's our answer I guess. For the price (and considering all the hullabaloo over this new "Masterworks Series" or whatever it's called), I don't quite see this being anything but solid.

I hope he isn't an eggshell. The SS Apocalypse and Galactus were silly light. Makes it more like a toy IMO...a freakin $600+ toy.

What do you think this is :lol

A toy is something played with. I'd figure no one gets these out and plays with them. Most display them proudly as a high end representation of the characters they love. Much like someone who collects paintings.

Damn! Those teeth look realistic as hell! :horror

Is it confirmed that Jerry will include a Unicorns horn with each piece? :dunno
Man Im sorta regretting not getting one. That looks real as **** bro. I thought Jerry confirmed it as far as I know

Man Im sorta regretting not getting one. That looks real as **** bro. I thought Jerry confirmed it as far as I know

:lol I wish you did bro :( I'm sure your familiar with the movie right? Man, just loved watching Legend growing up as young teenager aswell as those other epic fantasy movies like Krull, Willow and even Neverending Story!!!! :rock :lol :lol

I remember someone saying about the Unicorn horn just wasn't sure if it was confirmed :) Thanks again bro :hi5:

After seeing those photos, my SS seems to me so ugly:(

Hey Azad :lol I think the actual PF from the torso down looks amazing...the headsculpt however was nowhere near accurate to the movie....saying that, even the PCS version is by no means accurate but I feel its a better representation of the character compared to the PF in my opinion...hence why I had to sell my PF last week :(

1fb519f79b07c6cef9c5fc9ad4ff3fac.jpg

8c0f56532b32cc4ba65c9f74eee1119f.jpg

For me, nothing even touches the Sideshow Darkness Lifesize bust....that piece has the best likeness of Darkness period and will never be beaten in my eyes as the best Lord of Darkness collectible :)

:lol I wish you did bro :( I'm sure your familiar with the movie right? Man, just loved watching Legend growing up as young teenager aswell as those other epic fantasy movies like Krull, Willow and even Neverending Story!!!! :rock :lol :lol

I remember someone saying about the Unicorn horn just wasn't sure if it was confirmed :) Thanks again bro :hi5:
Man I know EVERY single movie you mentioned with out a thought. Dude when Legend came out I was barely 2 years old lol. I grew up watching these movies in the 90s and I loved them all. I actually saw Legend on Blu Ray just after the time this statue came out.

It's all good, I try not to get characters and stuff that I don't LOVE so that's why I didn't. But LoD looks amazing man congrats again, this is the best representation of the character I've ever seen.

Yeah I remember someone saying that originally they didn't want to add the unicorn horn but that Jerry had later. Now IM not sure Lol

I'm kind of in the same boat-I didn't PO the PCS due to the size but just looking at what they achieved has me thinking about selling my Darkness EX and putting the money towards something else. It's a shame too because I always loved the movie and Darkness is on my top 5 list of movie characters.

I've scored the PCS Darkness Artist Proof and am very excited about it.
However - I've never seen the SS pf in person till last week. It was displayed, for sale in a comic shop in Orlando, FL, and I thought it looked very impressive.
You don't have to feel bad, as there is nothing ugly about it, and if I didn't have the PCS on order, I would have bought it right there in the store with no hesitation.

Back