Death's siren.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No updated pics of this piece?

Is it not displayed at SDCC?

sdcc2014_sideshow_127.jpg

sdcc2014_sideshow_129.jpg

What do you guys think those beings are that are tied to her tail? On Statueforum people are claiming that SSC crossed a line by sculpting mummified children in torment. I just assumed they were shriveled and shrunken adults.

Well 1/4 scale is 1/4 scale. It's not like she is twice the size of the Queen or anything. But I agree that they're most likely sailors, and not seafaring little kids. :lol

What do you guys think those beings are that are tied to her tail? On Statueforum people are claiming that SSC crossed a line by sculpting mummified children in torment. I just assumed they were shriveled and shrunken adults.

They're not children, they are adult men. That's just how big she is, scale-wise. They're meant to help show scale.

With that said, they will almost certainly be coming off of mine. It can be dark, scary, even monstrous. I don't want to see putrefied bodies, though.

Statueforum makes me LOL. They are complaining about Gallevarbe? Red Death must be sending 'em over the edge.

meh, im okay if theyre dead kids statue looks cool. far less shocking than what people do in actuallity to their children that found on the news daily.

I was confused by them. I knew they were "adults" but my mind wanders off thinking what is SS trying to depict...are those children...is she big...why would she be bigger than a normal person if this is a mermaid type of design.

So yeah, confuses me and would rather they weren't there. also doesn't really make sense given her backstory as more of an assassin/infiltrator into other factions and realms.

She's got her "tentacles" wrapped around them. I don't see how they'd be removable without breaking off pieces of her tail.

A pair of larger wire-cutters and a small hacksaw will more than do the trick. Snip the wires, saw through the pins holding the corpses to her tail. Then you Dremel down any rough spots, do any needed patching with Apoxie Sculpt and paint. Boom, done.

I am hoping that someone else's idea that these pieces will need to be attached after unboxing, will be how it goes. But I wont bet on that.... given how large and complex these pieces are, I just don't see how they can be shipped in one piece though.

I know nothing of how SSC does this kind of thing, however.

Someone else: far less shocking than what people do in actuality to their children that found on the news daily.

True that.

They're not children, they are adult men. That's just how big she is, scale-wise. They're meant to help show scale.

With that said, they will almost certainly be coming off of mine. It can be dark, scary, even monstrous. I don't want to see putrefied bodies, though.

Statueforum makes me LOL. They are complaining about Gallevarbe? Red Death must be sending 'em over the edge.
So you're LOLing at yourself then? You did just say you're willing to hack them off because you don't like petrified bodies...

Besides, it was one person who thought they were kids. No idea how that represents an entire forum.

So you're LOLing at yourself then? You did just say you're willing to hack them off because you don't like petrified bodies...

I would be fine with petrified bodies. These are freshly rotting bodies, though. Whole 'nother matter.

I may not like the bodies much, but I'm not out on the Interwebs all "SSC is condoning child torture and murder, OMG when will they think of the children!? A BRIDGE TOO FAR!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:" about it, though. [Or whatever they're saying over there]. I will just quietly modify the piece to suit my tastes.

If my husband fusses about my cutting the bodies off, I may leave them. I wont really know WHAT I will do until the piece is in-hand.

But blowing a gasket over it, no. I'm not doing that.

Whoops I read putrefied as petrified.

And "they're" not saying that. You should post there. The love for CotD is a lot stronger there than here.

One thing I really love about this Death's Siren statue are the aspects that jump out at you only after viewing it several times.

At first glance she's a mermaid. Half woman, half fish. But then you see she isn't half woman, because her right hand is actually reptilian under the water line. Everything above water is an illusion. You notice the two desiccated dudes in her grasp, but then a third one is revealed under the bottom of her tail only upon much closer inspection. So after being tricked into thinking she's a traditional mermaid, and that she only has two prisoners, THEN you see that her tail actually appears to be decaying in parts, suggesting that she is not even ALIVE.

So she goes from living mermaid with two prisoners to deceptive undead fish monster with three prisoners. That's wicked.

IMG_4186_zpsd45e6997.jpg~original

I'm amazed at the sculpting, amazed at all the hidden elements, and totally fascinated by wondering what does she look like when she's completely under the water? This statue is a total trip.

I recant my issues with the water effect after seeing this at sdcc. Really a standout statue. Probably my 3rd favorite in the Court of the Dead line.

Back