Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. And this is coming from someone who is a fully sculpted fan.

Same here. I really don't like most of the mixed media statues out there. That's why I like XM. But I will give credit when due. This thor looks epic

In my head, it seems like loose fit clothing looks great, tight fight looks bad and would be better sculpted.

I just can't get over how great of a time it is to be a comic book fan. Movie news weekly, set photos, tv shows, great new current run comics, statues, etc.

I can't get enough!

I just can't get over how great of a time it is to be a comic book fan. Movie news weekly, set photos, tv shows, great new current run comics, statues, etc.

I can't get enough!

:exactly: I'm gonna enjoy it while it last because eventually the music will stop.

I have to be honest. I don't think comics and comic inspired movies will ever die. Not in our lifetime.
Yeah man, if anything this is Just the beginning. Can't wait til CGI is cheap enough to do like a Dark Phoenix Saga, or a Secret Wars

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah I'm in agreement. This Thor is pretty damn good. Xms needs some work. Not feeling that one particularly

XM does GREAT work. However, sooner or later, a company will have a miss from time to time. That said, XM's Thor isn't done yet. We all know XM listens to it's customers and isn't afraid to make changes. We have yet to see the final product when it comes to the XM Thor. However, I'm just a HUGE fan of the dynamic pose and sculpt of SSC's Thor PF. As you know James, I'm not a big fan of cloth on my statues...but SSC just nailed the mixed media element on Thor's costume. I think it looks outstanding.

What it boils down to for me is that SSC's Thor had me from the get go. As soon as I laid eyes on the PF, I was smitten and I knew I would be adding it to my collection. I felt the EXACT same way about the XM Mags. That one proved to be much more difficult to add to my collection though. :lol But, I got by with the help of a good friend. The bottom line is that XM and SSC are pumping out some good merch. We get more options and character choices in 1/4 scale. IMHO, it doesn't get any better than that. We now have two 1/4 scale Thors to choose from. In this case, I just like the SSC PF a lot and I'm looking forward to putting him on my display shelf. I knew it was the Thor statue I was waiting for as soon as I saw it.

XM does GREAT work. However, sooner or later, a company will have a miss from time to time. That said, XM's Thor isn't done yet. We all know XM listens to it's customers and isn't afraid to make changes. We have yet to see the final product when it comes to the XM Thor. However, I'm just a HUGE fan of the dynamic pose and sculpt of SSC's Thor PF. As you know James, I'm not a big fan of cloth on my statues...but SSC just nailed the mixed media element on Thor's costume. I think it looks outstanding.

What it boils down to for me is that SSC's Thor had me from the get go. As soon as I laid eyes on the PF, I was smitten and I knew I would be adding it to my collection. I felt the EXACT same way about the XM Mags. That one proved to be much more difficult to add to my collection though. :lol But, I got by with the help of a good friend. The bottom line is that XM and SSC are pumping out some good merch. We get more options and character choices in 1/4 scale. IMHO, it doesn't get any better than that. We now have two 1/4 scale Thors to choose from. In this case, I just like the SSC PF a lot and I'm looking forward to putting him on my display shelf. I knew it was the Thor statue I was waiting for as soon as I saw it.

You nailed it bro. In total agreement. I was super.pumped about XMs and SSs because I would have had the modern and the classic Thor in both of these statues. Somthing tells me though with Sosa on board now as Xms art director that were going to see some major changes to their Thor. Just a gut feeling I guess. Will have to wait and see what happens. As for now though SS has my attention. He looks amazingly well done and I ordered him long ago

And....Manip

ThorManip.jpg

I haven't started one either. I may once i get the Displays I want.

Yeah. Borrowing a family members nice camera, so I'll atleast take some cool photos. When I finish my avengers display I'd love to have someone photoshop and awesome skyline/city street in the background :wink1:

Back