Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap bro how are you affording these. I remember when I was your age window shopping the SSC site lol. It'd take me another 8 years til I finally bought one.

Sent from the Bat Computer

I'm 21 here and a proud owner of multiple 1/4th grails! =D

(Ps. I started out by mowing a whole lotta lawns..I'm in Florida so that helps! ) I used to consider the prices of things in lawns. "Hmmm, that'll be 20 lawns...Is it worth it?" Lol

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Last edited:
My first statue was the CS Moore Maxx statue...then Bowen's hey day started

I started with Gentle Giant Star Wars busts when I went to Celebration VI not too long ago. Then I discovered Sideshow and it was game over..

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Lol started with a Spidey vs venom com an ex bought me and went onto Koto PVC. Got their Supergirl signed by Laura Vandervoort lol and Spidey signed by Stan. After I finally bought my own SS PF I never looked back. Canceled my black Koto Bats too when I POd the Beast Batman from SS

Sent from the Bat Computer

Th truth is this argument can go back and forth, and yes, Hulk has lifted Mjolnir, more than once. One is a nearly immortal Trans-Dimensional being with God like Power, the other is a product of science gone wrong that is considered so strong when fully enraged he could cause a cataclysm.

So it doesn't really matter.....but....

Superman%20vs%20The%20Hulk.jpg

....There is that.

Once Thor asked Odin to lift the enchantment and when Hulk picked it up it turned back into a stick.

Grey lifted it and then it broke his hand.

The last tease was by Waid and Simonsons in the great Indestructable Hulk arc. But he simply grabbed it when Thor summoned it back. Both Red and Green Hulk have still used it against Thor, though.

Having said that despite cover teases and the few I mentioned Hulk has never truly yielded the hammer.

I love both characters.

Once Thor asked Odin to lift the enchantment and when Hulk picked it up it turned back into a stick.

Grey lifted it and then it broke his hand.

The last tease was by Waid and Simonsons in the great Indestructable Hulk arc. But he simply grabbed it when Thor summoned it back. Both Red and Green Hulk have still used it against Thor, though.

Having said that despite cover teases and the few I mentioned Hulk has never truly yielded the hammer.

I love both characters.

But the question wasn't Wielded, it was lifted, and again, the answer is yes.

I would have loved a spinning hammer ....or just a simple Museum Pose like Bowens Modern Museum Thor . Kicking myself in the *** I passed on a Salt and Pepper Thor

I have been curious about the S&P Thor I've been hearing about. I saw a pic on their FB but havent really seen too much else on it. When was this available and how do you buy S&P stuff?

Hulk lifting Mjölnir will always be a reoccurring thing it seems. "Regular" Hulk can't lift it (or just barely), suped up Hulk can...

He'll never be able to use it the way it's meant to be though. Power is more than just strength and Thor has always been the quintessential "good guy" to me. Add the strength and the fact that he has the ability to wield one of the single most powerful objects in the Marvel Universe makes him one of the greats.

A friend of mine and I have this reoccurring debate, (usually when smoking/drinking) he argues Thor's case, I devil's advocate Hulks.

I love them both, don't get me wrong. But Thor fears Hulk, I don't think Hulk fears Thor.

I love them both, don't get me wrong. But Thor fears Hulk, I don't think Hulk fears Thor.

Hulk hates Banner, because he knows Banner has some control. That's always been his biggest fight. Just making him stronger to do this, this or this has always seemed one dimensional. Planet Hulk was a great read, I just wish they'd delve more into his messed up psyche. I mean there's supposed to be more versions of the Hulk right? That's why I liked the Grey Hulk, more than just mindless anger.

I wouldn't say Thor fears the Hulk, wary.. sure. :)

Me too Josh. Me too. I've loved the dynamic they share over the years. The debate will always rage on. There was a great article, I'll have to find it, that delved into their showdowns and went to great research. In a nutshell Stan created Thor to be even more powerful than Hulk but then the popularity of Hulk in the 60's grew so they began to stalemate. Then bad writing really hurt Thor post Simonson and the bottom line is the Jade Giant sells as well as a immensely powerful character.

Luckily JMS revived the character of Thor but Dee Snyder's kid, Loeb and the movie Hulk Vs Thor gave Hulk very unique victories to promote the new Incredible Hulk movies put out around the same time. The Thor movie along with Aaron's continued run gave him back alot of credibility and a true powerhouse.

The one thing about them (and one that seems to be a long forgotten aspect) is they are, for the most part, friends. Waid and Simonson's Indestructible Hulk storyline alluded to the greatness of both of them most recently. One of the greatest quotes of recent comes from the writers of the latest Avengers cartoon. He said they are allies but still beat the hell out of each other because theyre the only two who can spar with each other for practice and get up and walk away from it when the dust has settled.

The new 1/4 Hulk and Thor would look really good together with Cap I hope you get all three!

Here's my homage to both of these legends in my humble collection.

20140201_212232.jpg

20140202_152114.jpg

LOL here we go. :)

If Thor feared Hulk would he have Odin take mjolnir away from the fight?

They once locked arms

This was the result.

2697534-DEF10_HulkVsThor2.JPG

If there's anything Thor fears it's the collateral damage Hulk creates towards the innocents.

Read Thor #385.

Hulk says he fears no man. But Thor isn't a man. He's a god.

And for further info on fear... read Fear Itself. Where Hulk gets his own hammer from Ragnarok and he and Thing (also with his own hammer) take on Thor.

Attachments

• 20140202_152114.jpg
    20140202_152114.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 165
Back