1/6 Hot Toys - Prometheus Sixth Scale Figure Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very excited, I think Dave is going to happen for sure now. So my guess is shaw David and an engineer . With the sequel under way it's very possible .

I really hope Hot Toys does a David figure, just like this... but you know, hot toys quality!

6zzj.jpg

I just want one of these:

prometheus_engineer_by_pretty__kittie-d6qicee.jpg

What would be cool (since I doubt he'd come with very many accessories) would be to include a cloak. I know he wasn't wearing his pressure suit under the cloak at the beginning of the film, but I feel like it'd make for a great display to have it open, unhooded, and draping over the figure with the suit showing beneath it. Like a Greek statue of some sort.

DemosthenesTrans.jpg

It's not a dream! They are "COMING SOON". Which definitely translates as, sometime within the future of mankind Hot Toys will* release their Prometheus figure.

* maybe

I guess they are waiting for something from the new movie...That way they make sure interest and sales are there.

Im sure the figure Will pop out of nowhere but sadly an engineer looks like a no go for now.
Maybe when the sequel hit.

As for the sequel itself, now that i have seen Transcendence, wich has the same writer, its gonna be a miracle if we get something good.

Such a non event right now.. :monkey2

I'm really pleased that there's a faithful contingent here that are fans of Dr Shaw / Noomi. :yess:

Beautiful girl / great actress / cool character - hopefully the figure set kicks serious @i$$! :rock

In all honesty, Id rather see another Ripley

I reckon that will happen y'know - NECA sorting out their licensing will undoubtedly mean HT approach Weaver's agents again, there's always money to be made from the Alien franchise. I'd expect them to tie any new Alien/Aliens 1/6 figures in with the 30th anniversary of Aliens tho, which is 2016. Too late in the day now for them to be suddenly jumping on any "35th anniversary of Alien" stuff.

Speculation of course, but for 2016 I anticipate a new powerloader, and a new Aliens Ripley (which can of course be subsequently tweaked into an Alien Ripley - and maybe even Ripleys from those other dreadful Alien franchise films which mercifully NEVER HAPPENED ;) ).

Promethewhat?

I hope so. A DX Ripley would be amazing!

For sure. I still think the HT Dallas is great, so I hope there will eventually be a licensed Alien Ripley to go with that, and if they go to a DX standard, even better. Those two alongside a Prometheus Shaw would do very nicely, thanks.. Shame Shaw is almost certainly just a spacesuit and not the Ripley-homaging flightsuit, but hey.

Might be tempted by a 1/6 Aliens Ripley with Powerloader too, depends how good the new NECA ones turn out really. If they're very good, I probably wouldn't feel the need for a 1/6..

Back