Go Hero + Executive Replicas Lost in Space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got in on the Sci Fi Metropolis figures from the beginning. This was before I got into the high end 1/6 figures. I was always hoping to complete the set since Lost in Space was my favorite show and I still watch it on dvd every Saturday afternoon with my daughter. I saw the proto for the jet back John Robinson and always thought that looked great. Very excited to hear these will be coming back. New and improved would be great, looking forward to upcoming news on this line.

I bet GH includes a miniature Jupiter 2... remember they're including a 3" rocketship with the (Cody)Rocketman.

From the GH site. I see Dr Smith... AND the Robot. Will they make everything pictured? Hmm...

aaaaaa1669903_10152092485058621_1372798876_o_zpsefec6384.jpg

Scifimetropolis had prototype heads for Don, Judy, Penny, Will, 2 versions of Verda the android and IDAK years ago.

I just hope we see a cool B9 Robot! :rock...

BTW, I assume they never came back and are forever lost? MIA..... They had talked about a TV movie in the 90s of them returning to Earth. However, I believe that some of the cast have since become deceased and nothing ever came of it...

Joss Whedon pretty much destroyed this franchise as he did with Alien (calling ALIEN RESURRECTION his personal Vietnam) but I'm sure we'll see some kind of reboot in the future, the classic Wyss tale is just that, a classic.

I just hope we see a cool B9 Robot! :rock...

BTW, I assume they never came back and are forever lost? MIA..... They had talked about a TV movie in the 90s of them returning to Earth. However, I believe that some of the cast have since become deceased and nothing ever came of it...

These will be new sculpts, new bodies and new outfits I'm told.
There are plans for a robot.
I'll be doing a Q&A with Executive Replicas in the near future and will post it once its been done.

Some of you guys who have these figures, would you mind posting pictures of them? I'd really like to see what they look like in-hand.

Here's one I found online with the new Moebius Models robot kit. As you can see the bodies are really pretty terrible (like old Dragon or even lesser quality bodies with terrible hands). The head sculpts aren't that great either, especially by today's standards. Monsters in Motion currently has some of the figures available for sale and also still has the pre-order pages/images for Judy and Penny.

attachment.jpg

Sean

There are guys who sell light kits with sounds for the Moebius 1/6 kit. I'm getting one for mine, they look amazing when complete.

Sean

Here's one I found online with the new Moebius Models robot kit. As you can see the bodies are really pretty terrible (like old Dragon or even lesser quality bodies with terrible hands). The head sculpts aren't that great either, especially by today's standards. Monsters in Motion currently has some of the figures available for sale and also still has the pre-order pages/images for Judy and Penny.

attachment.jpg

Sean

While I agree that the final product could have looked better, that was more about the manufacturing than the original prototypes. I was able to see the actual prototypes for most of the planed line at Wonderfest and the portraits were quite good. The Dr. Smith was easily as good or better than 80-90% of the portraits Sideshow has produced, including the most current ones. If these new figures are going to double dip on characters that have already been produced, I will likely hold off purchasing any new figures until I see positive signs that the line will be completed. After SFM got burned by the factory on the Maureen Robinson the line stalled out. My understand was that Don was going to eventually be released, but it was going to be limited to 100 pieces produced in the USA like the Executive Replica's Boris Karloff/Fu Manchu. If they try to go high end on this I'm afraid a lot of collectors will balk at paying more than $100 for each character. From a business stand point they would be better off doing a deluxe, high end Dr. Smith/Will Robinson/Robot triple pack and call it a day. Whatever they do I hope it works out for them. I've met the brothers that own ER and Steve from Go Hero at a few cons and they are good people, and passionate about what they do. I'm aware of some of the behind the scenes stuff they have endured and it says a lot about thier character that they didn't give up a long time ago.

Back