Stephen King's It Remake 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stephen Kings It Remake 2015

Most of what King writes is crap tbh.

He's a good idea man but all of his stories end up all over the place and pretty sloppy or too bloated by the end. I prefer movie adaptations of his work because you fix alot of that with the time constraints. "IT" is a case where I think it would work better as a movie. But two movies? What if the first is a massive bomb... :lol would they even finish it?

He's a good idea man but all of his stories end up all over the place and pretty sloppy or too bloated by the end. I prefer movie adaptations of his work because you fix alot of that with the time constraints. "IT" is a case where I think it would work better as a movie. But two movies? What if the first is a massive bomb... :lol would they even finish it?

Thats a good point. Money talks.

He's a good idea man but all of his stories end up all over the place and pretty sloppy or too bloated by the end.

I can agree with that. It's like he never starts writing with an ending in mind. He gets an idea and runs with it, and if he could expand on it infinitely, he'd probably be fine. Bringing it all together is his weakness. That said, his best stuff is a guilty pleasure and the ending of It was something that could only happen on the page. If a filmmaker could find a way to put it on a screen, my money's theirs.

i thought S.King hired ghost writers to help on that department. his writing style is quite different if you compare the old and the new. lolz

The only thing I've read since the pre-sobriety era is The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. That was great all the way through. If someone was ghost writing that, they deserve serious props.

I read the new Dark Tower stuff too. Some great moments but it got surreal as hell by the end, and the finale...:gah:

that's why i love his shorties much better. i think night shift is my favorite.lolz

I personally loved both the book and mini series and are very anxiously awaiting !!!

They would definitely have to rewrite a better ending than the book. Pennywise deserves to be something more. What a fantastic character only to be flushed down the toilet.

His ending are usually weak. I remember reading the last couple books of the Dark Tower series and getting annoyed at the **** spewing on the page. But then that glorious epilogue came.......

But there is nobody else that can set up a story as good as Stephen King.

But there is nobody else that can set up a story as good as Stephen King.
Completely agree. However, when the payoff doesn't payoff I just want to reach through the pages and choke the blind bastard.:monkey3

pennywisethedancingclown_big.jpg

Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise.

Apparently Part 1 opens in September 2017, focusing only on the children. If it's successful it will get a sequel with the adult half of the story.

https://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/it-movie-pennywise-first-look

Looks cool. The smirk reminds me of Ledger's Joker smirk in the prison cell photo.It's almost impossible to mess up an evil clown.

Well, I've actually never really read a King novel. I normally avoided em because the amount of novels was nauseating for me at a young age lol. I will check it out and probably more of his other stuff.

Back