X-Plus Godzilla Vinyl Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other news, the gigantic Burning Godzilla is now available for order directly from the Ric Boy site:

Looks like there won't be a light-up gimmick. From what I can gather, going off the Google Translate text, the areas that would light up are cast in translucent vinyl so you can implement lights yourself.

There is, however, a different Ric Boy feature and this appears to be it:

213nbqb.jpg

A nameplate with the oxygen destroyer. So both versions lack lighting, but ordering from X-Plus will get you the nameplate accessory.

Here's the Google Translate:

"Oxygen Destroyer (pedestal)" is attached to the boy Rick Limited Edition.
※ I am using the same mold as those that came in (1954) boy Rick Limited Edition Godzilla "Oxygen Destroyer".
※ emission gimmick is not built into this product.

In my opinion, the extra $50 plus Tenso fees (whether you get it yourself or through Mike Johnson) isn't worth it. I ordered the Ric Boy Kiryu through Mike and the total cost came to $300 (around $100 more than it would've been through AmiAmi or Hobby Search). Was willing to do it for the missile pack, but here it seems like way too much of an added cost.

nice pics Viking.

Can you do me a favor and list what line the figures are from...Instead of "X-PLUS MECHAGODZILLA 1974" Please tell us/me if it's from the 25 CM line or 30 CM line. "X-PLUS MECHAGODZILLA 1974 - 30 CM" - this would help me out a TON.

as an X-Plus newb, from pictures at times it's difficult to determine what line the figure is from

EDIT: after clicking your full gallery link i see that it's the 30 CM version.

This got to be my favorite X-Plus Goji 30cm sculpt. The sculpt is very three dimensional, especially on the neck. View from the back or top gave it a very wide cobra neck with really cool scale pattern, but changing the angle somewhat gives it a completely different shape (as depicted in these pics with a somewhat long skinny neck). Love the menacing expressions too. The sculpt is more accurate than many thought it was (some believe its way too fat), with only the face slightly wider than the suit (eyes farther apart from each other). The scales on the body also seem to be 'cleaned up' compare to the suits with more rough irregular shapes. But its a stunning sculpt with a great pose. I personally prefer this sculpt than the actual suit in the movie, to be honest, and don't mind the extra few pounds the sculpt added (but not really that much if you see it in person).

Unfortunately Diamond Re-issue messed up the paint a bit by giving Godzilla's lower lip some red lipstick (I fixed mine with some acrylic paint). They also messed up some of the lines on the toe nails painted a bit crooked (looks like a couple on Viking's too). But otherwise a stunning release. Definitely look a lot better in person on this one.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments fellas! :wave

Soon I'll be adding the 25 cm Godzilla 1973, Godzilla 1989, Anguirus, Baragon, and Gorosaurus.

As for the 30cm, I'll be adding Minilla, Varan, and Godzilla 1964. Stay tuned... :wink1:

Thanks for the comments fellas! :wave

Soon I'll be adding the 25 cm Godzilla 1973, Godzilla 1989, Anguirus, Baragon, and Gorosaurus.

As for the 30cm, I'll be adding Minilla, Varan, and Godzilla 1964. Stay tuned... :wink1:

Can't wait for all of those. Gorosaurus! Anguirus! And '64 especially!

I really want to start collecting the Diamond 30CM re-releases, but part of me thinks it's "not as cool" as collecting the original releases. I know they will look pretty much identical on the shelf from 5-10 feet away, but i don't know if it makes sense for me to invest time, money and valuable shelf space on collecting re-releases. I really love how accurate the 30 Cm sculpts are and i think it would be awesome to have a handful of my favorite Godzilla suits on dislpay in my room in the 12" scale. Maybe it's the old comic book collector in me that feels like spending good money on a re-issue is not the best decision. what do u guys think?

im inbetween going all in on the 30Cm Diamond Re-Releases or going head first into the new GIGANTIC SERIES releases. Despite the stylization, i'm really leaning towards the gigantic series because they're 1st Edition releases and they frigging huge.

you cannot go wrong with the re-releases by diamond...look just as good and alot cheaper than trying to get the older pieces...alot cheaper...The Diamond pieces will eventually increase in value too...getting my Minya and Varan today

I really want to start collecting the Diamond 30CM re-releases, but part of me thinks it's "not as cool" as collecting the original releases. I know they will look pretty much identical on the shelf from 5-10 feet away, but i don't know if it makes sense for me to invest time, money and valuable shelf space on collecting re-releases. I really love how accurate the 30 Cm sculpts are and i think it would be awesome to have a handful of my favorite Godzilla suits on dislpay in my room in the 12" scale. Maybe it's the old comic book collector in me that feels like spending good money on a re-issue is not the best decision. what do u guys think?

im inbetween going all in on the 30Cm Diamond Re-Releases or going head first into the new GIGANTIC SERIES releases. Despite the stylization, i'm really leaning towards the gigantic series because they're 1st Edition releases and they frigging huge.

It seems like the Diamond releases now have better paint than when they started. This current wave has been a hit with collectors of the originals. transhi100 is on the X-Plus Kaiju Collectors Facebook group and he posted some comparison photos between the recent Ric Boy '64 (translucent fins) and the new reissue. Apart from the fins, they look nearly identical. Very clean apps on the new figure so you're not getting a second-rate piece. I wouldn't necessarily think of them as re-releases either, seeing as up until now, they have never officially been available in the US. X-Plus is simply getting back to those molds and making them specially for us.

As for value... the Gargantuas are now nearly impossible to find under $300, the GMK is over $200, and the '64 has already started selling for near $200 (and those first two figures/sets had less than perfect paint). These aftermarket prices will only go up. I'd say go for it because if you don't, costs won't be pretty in a few months.

It seems like the Diamond releases now have better paint than when they started. This current wave has been a hit with collectors of the originals. transhi100 is on the X-Plus Kaiju Collectors Facebook group and he posted some comparison photos between the recent Ric Boy '64 (translucent fins) and the new reissue. Apart from the fins, they look nearly identical. Very clean apps on the new figure so you're not getting a second-rate piece. I wouldn't necessarily think of them as re-releases either, seeing as up until now, they have never officially been available in the US. X-Plus is simply getting back to those molds and making them specially for us.

As for value... the Gargantuas are now nearly impossible to find under $300, the GMK is over $200, and the '64 has already started selling for near $200 (and those first two figures/sets had less than perfect paint). These aftermarket prices will only go up. I'd say go for it because if you don't, costs won't be pretty in a few months.

Agreed. If you're going to take the plunge, do it immediately. So far, I've paid a small fortune on the aftermarket X-Plus stuff. :thud:

Closed mouth is the Ric Boy, open mouth is the Diamond reissue. Adding on to what I was saying about the new wave's paint apps being clean, the mouth is especially impressive. The teeth are individually painted to perfection and the gums (only the gums, not the lips) are painted pink -- and they're very thin, which is all the more impressive.

10258192_856188391064898_2243719137156905195_o.jpg

10012836_856188251064912_8468215510261603162_o.jpg

10005997_856188091064928_9071481849029696883_o.jpg

10264721_856188441064893_5270389896085750972_n.jpg

10275538_856188581064879_5623354107294600547_o.jpg

(Credit goes to transhi100)

Thanks for sharing my pics! In some ways I'd say the Diamond reissue did a slightly better job of the dirt paint up. It's just really well done paint work.

Back