1/6 SS: 1/6 General Grievous MODIFICATION & photography thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely let us know which size fits best into the SS eye socket.

I'm really excited about this McHaleyArt Mod. The one thing after altering Grievous' eyes is I started to notice how much they don't catch the light. In the movie his eyes caught the light every time (damn CGI cheaters). These predator eyes look like they'll really make his eyes pop, as they should.

Man, I was about to order a pair of those reptile eyes until I got to the shipping cost. If my calculations are correct, once converted to US dollar, I would end up paying over $40 for one pair. No thanks. :lol I'll settle for the eyes I have re-worked. However....I do have 4 cathodes in the works to upgrade the sabers!! :yess:

How can it be $40 for little eyes? I'm going to check ebay.

It was after shipping costs. It's about $16 US dollars for the eyes themselves but since they are in the UK..they charge 15 British Pounds for shipping alone. So when you add that together it came to slightly over $40 US dollars.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They are close to me in British isles so cost little or nothing to ship mine.

Yeah for me it wouldn't be worth it. Shame because I was kind of excited to try that mod. I guess I'll live through yours. :laugh

They even mentioned at checkout that they may ask for shipping costs seperately coming directly from a bank account instead of a credit card. Too much red tape for my taste.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll have to see what Rory does with the new eyes and go from there. I haven't been able to work further on my Grievous for the last two weeks and I'm eager to get back into it; fix the cape and finalize a good pose.

another pair of eyes from that site. might work REALLY WELL for grevious. 132-R68.jpg https://www.glasseyes.com/cgi-bin/search.pl?terms=132-R68

The "cat's" eye pattern will work for Grievous, but you might as well go for the ones I used if you're thinking that route.
For under $10 shipped they work great.
54.jpg
These are cheap enough to try and I like the pupil pattern...closer the Grievous' actual pupil. Just don't know how easy it is to remove from the metal:
Eye4sml.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141176784769?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&var=440247074028&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
And you can get them in bulk:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-UV-acrylic-mix-10-sizes-golden-eye-picture-screw-fit-ear-plug-gauge-flesh/1714578702.html
They look a little flatter than the ones I'm using now, but I like the pattern.
Looked into it, and if I ever have the time (LOL...yea right) I might make my own.
I bought 3 pairs (with the buy 2 get 3rd free deal) of the above, so if you guys want to wait for me to see if these work, I'll let you know and I'll make the extras available...or you can get them from the above links.

Last edited:
Quick pics for the Eye Mod. 2nd Round.
82.jpg
76.jpg
Here's the new ones next to the Cat eyes. I really like the intensity of the Cat eyes, but like the color and pupil shape of the Reptile's.
I'll have to let these sit awhile to see which I like better.
77.jpg
As before there's some depth that creates "movement" in the eyes when looking at them from different angles.
79.jpg
81.jpg80.jpg
85.jpg
I seem to have gotten a bit of glue on his left eye that's creating a bit of haze. They could use a slight alignment as well, but this is the gist of it.

Like the new eyes much better than the cat eyes. The wider pupil makes him look too friendly. (wide pupil = attraction)
It's the opposite with cats. Squint is friendly, wide eyes they are about to pounce, they are wired backwards not that that's got anything to go with grevious.... Carry on

Hi, McHaleyArt, your work is truly wonderful, making it hard for me not to buy the reptile eyes to upgrade my gnereal grievious. Is PAIR-REPTILE EYE-Ear Gauges you used 6mm? Would it be too big that some trimming is required before fitting the 'eyes' into eye slots? If I am correct, you try to move the eyes upward a bit, so that only partial 'pupil' can be seen from the outside under Grevious's skull mask.
Anyways, thanks for your input and I also appreciate other modification works done by great customizers in this thread. I have the inspiration for modifying mine! Thanks!!!

Is PAIR-REPTILE EYE-Ear Gauges you used 6mm? Would it be too big that some trimming is required before fitting the 'eyes' into eye slots?
Yes. They are 6mm. 5mm probably would have been optimum, but the 6mm fit just fine. No trimming needed. Just set them in straight. I would not tilt/ move them up..because of the depth of the eyes, they appear to move as you do. If he's looking down the pupil appears partial, etc. Here's what I mean:

Back