1/6 2014 a big year for SW sixth scale.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, comparing to 3PO in the movies, the Tama figure has as many detail flaws as most other figure releases from Hot Toys, Sideshow, and Medicom. Star Wars or otherwise. It's a great figure and looks very nice, but saying it's perfect or "the most perfect" is stretching the truth. The word "perfect" in the title of the product is a marketing term, a brand. This guy has issues in the neck, collar, head, feet, arms, chest, torso, among others. Those are just areas that stick out, IMO, I'm sure someone can look closer and find many more issues than I've noticed. I used to have it on my wanted list and in fact even completed a purchase that fell through (figure was damaged before being shipped to me and transaction cancelled). Since then I've removed it from my list until such time as a suitable R2 is released. Should that only happen with a new 3PO release, so be it.

If I had the figure it may well have been my favorite, but I'd still admit it has flaws. All the figures I own have flaws, but I'm still a big fan of each one.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway..

It'll be nice to see final production pieces of those SSC Hoth Luke & Han figures.

The hatless Luke head sculpt alone might be a good buy for me. :)

I'm with you, but if recent SSC releases are any indication, we probably won't see final pieces until right around release time. Even the Vader shown at SDCC last year, while different from the press photos, wasn't quite the final release - plus it wasn't able to be photographed in quite the same detail as someone's in-hand or review copy.

Apart from a shiny clone (my first) and a Fett which has to be purchased aftermarket, the Hoth Luke + Han pair and a Tauntaun are the only things left from Sideshow on my list right now. We'll see if that changes by the end of the summer as more news comes out of possible 2015/16 figures.

Yeah, I'm not really sweating on anything really - but I hope I can catch up with the couple of SW figures I'm interested in, by the time something else hits that I 100% want. So far, my 1/6 SW want list consists of the SSC Sand People, & possibly the SSC deluxe 501st. :lol

I think it's more than about time for a really well done high end Leia or Padme.

Got mine SS Darth Vader today and man he's awesome! So happy I picked this one up.
dsc-0047-001.jpg

dsc-0049-001.jpg

Cheers!

Back