NECA Dark Knight Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO sculpted layers of clothing cut with articulation points just doesn't work for a figure at this scale. That's why I'm good with how NECA made their De Vito Penguin. IMO it wouldn't look as good as it is now if it were wearing a long coat.

NECA confirmed that Penguin will come with a cloth coat

Did they say it was really a cloth coat? I just remember seeing in the interview that they were still working on the coat and didn't mention if it was a harder plastic or cloth.

Did they say it was really a cloth coat? I just remember seeing in the interview that they were still working on the coat and didn't mention if it was a harder plastic or cloth.

Well some guy on FB that's a fabricator for NECA said it would be cloth so IDK...

Does anyone know when this figure is likely to ship?.. really want to see some 'in-hand' photos, to get a better idea of the final, production paint.

Does anyone know when this figure is likely to ship?.. really want to see some 'in-hand' photos, to get a better idea of the final, production paint.

According to NECA's shipping calender September 11th.

10626675_10152687291774346_3218218295175091729_n.jpg

^you can always get a HT 1/4 version, doubt neca could top that one.

So since this is technically a 1/4 scale, does that mean that the sole license for a TDK 1/4 that EB had a while ago had expired now? Cant wait to see what HT brings to the table next year.

i had high hopes for this figure but the sdcc picks, the big plastic coat and production paint job turned me off. i think a cloth overcoat would have gone a long way on this figure.

Yeah it makes complete to no sense that they are including a cloth cape with Penguin but not Joker...

I think if they'd went with a cloth coat it could have looked really dodgy, not because of the scale but because neca have so little experience in that area. I know they are doing a coat for penguin but that's much simpler in relation to this.

I think if they'd went with a cloth coat it could have looked really dodgy, not because of the scale but because neca have so little experience in that area. I know they are doing a coat for penguin but that's much simpler in relation to this.

They ahve pretty good exp in tailoring. Look at thier 8 inch mego line..

I think the fabric stuff they've been doing is something more recent. I think the Ledger Joker was already planned before they got comfortable with fabric. Which is why the DeVito Penguin is getting a cloth coat and Joker isn't.

I think the fabric stuff they've been doing is something more recent. I think the Ledger Joker was already planned before they got comfortable with fabric. Which is why the DeVito Penguin is getting a cloth coat and Joker isn't.

They been doing the cloth styled 8 inch figures for a yr now. So that makes sense I suppose... But just a major bummer... I will still get him but I'm not in a rush to get him...

They been doing the cloth styled 8 inch figures for a yr now. So that makes sense I suppose... But just a major bummer... I will still get him but I'm not in a rush to get him...

yeah its just the plastic overcoat. just makes him look like a scaled up mattel moviemaster. cloth overcoat would have made a huge difference.

yeah its just the plastic overcoat. just makes him look like a scaled up mattel moviemaster. cloth overcoat would have made a huge difference.

Wonder if it's actually removable though... Granted you would prob have to cut the coat up but yeah... To bad there's not many 1/4 Customizers... An 1/4 Joker coat would be awesome but crazy expensive at the same time...

Wonder if it's actually removable though... Granted you would prob have to cut the coat up but yeah... To bad there's not many 1/4 Customizers... An 1/4 Joker coat would be awesome but crazy expensive at the same time...

Looking at the pictures I think you would have a lot of work to do. Even if you remove the plastic coat, his arms look like a separate piece. You would probably have to make brand new arms if you were planning on removing the coat and replacing it with a fabric coat.

Bxh86xQIIAA6gH1.jpg
Bxh7OMEIYAEidw_.jpg

From NECA's twitter. I know a lot of you don't like how it looks but I think it looks great. I can't wait for it to appear on my shelf. Bad News for Panther suit fans, NECA stated there is no chance for it to happen. I liked Batman Forever, 89 and returns were better but it was a enjoyable movie. I thought the suit looked pretty cool too.

Back