Statue Prime 1 studio - Bumblebee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was pretty surprise how beautiful the color was...Prime1 told from their experience battle damage look really bad on statue and very hard to control with factory
they really dislike bad paint stroke on the item.

Yep i'd rather them leave it alone if they have no faith in the factory to add BD. Sideshow Prime had pretty crappy BD and i got rid of most of it and added my own.

I was pretty surprise how beautiful the color was...Prime1 told from their experience battle damage look really bad on statue and very hard to control with factory
they really dislike bad paint stroke on the item.

Is Megatron considered battle damaged? Because he looks pretty weathered to me. And turn out nice

Yep i'd rather them leave it alone if they have no faith in the factory to add BD. Sideshow Prime had pretty crappy BD and i got rid of most of it and added my own.

true! Do you have any example of product with great Battle Damage on the market... i mean actual product.
Because Prime1 told if somebody have good example .they can do it.

Is Megatron considered battle damaged? Because he looks pretty weathered to me. And turn out nice

Yes Megatron was good because he was grey metallic very easy to handle. but Yellow that completely different.

MidasVsAmbush12_zpsb77d5626.jpg

MidasVsAmbush11_zps400021c7.jpg

MidasVsAmbush5_zpsae008982.jpg

MidasVsAmbush6_zpsdd569127.jpg

MidasVsAmbush3_zps6477652d.jpg

MidasVsAmbush4_zps76ea79e0.jpg

MidasVsAmbush17_zpsbd85a38a.jpg

MidasVsAmbush16_zps90de05fa.jpg

MidasVsAmbush15_zpsf3e389a0.jpg

MidasVsAmbush14_zps2340302e.jpg

All those dents in Ambush are real. Really awesome job when you see them in person. These are about 18" as well.

All those dents in Ambush are real. Really awesome job when you see them in person. These are about 18" as well.

I have Ambush not Midas the problem my guess Bumblebee yellow paint is reflective i think thats cause the problem.
Anyway they told me BB will be improve for the full reveal.

I have Ambush not Midas the problem my guess Bumblebee yellow paint is reflective i think thats cause the problem

Yeah maybe. They said they don't like BD? The busts are BD though so that makes little sense. Like i said i'm not even bother. I'd rather a clean Bee than no Bee. :lecture

Oh and did you buy Atom? That is a crazy figure with working fans etc. :yess:

Bee looks cool,but yeah like others have pointed out.A little weathering would be nice,specially since all the other statues have it.Doesn't have to be as much as the others,just something.

Yeah maybe. They said they don't like BD? The busts are BD though so that makes little sense. Like i said i'm not even bother. I'd rather a clean Bee than no Bee. :lecture

Oh and did you buy Atom? That is a crazy figure with working fans etc. :yess:

Yes i have Atom pretty cool figure.
Am pretty sure they will try to do something with the weathering.

c6kVYC.jpg
They have added a little but not much.

Bee looks cool,but yeah like others have pointed out.A little weathering would be nice,specially since all the other statues have it.Doesn't have to be as much as the others,just something.

I'd prefer him without battle damage, but I just wish the yellow paint looked less cheap/plasticy. I imagine it'll be much improved upon by the time we see the official photos and final product.

I'll never be able to afford this though, so I guess it doesn't matter.

I think that little bit that is on the back, if on the front would be fine, that would look a lot better. The problem is the front is totally clean, it need a little something around the headlights, the head and the wings below the head, not much, just a touch like on the back, that would help it lose the Calibre look.

I would also make the rims a touch more dirty, wheel rims get dirty afterall.

I think that would be a good balance between not messing up the paintjob and give it that edge of reality.

Front and Back compared, the back looks so much better because of that touch of dirt.

741VMW.jpg
c6kVYC.jpg

Back