Batman: Arkham Asylum DC Animated movie based on video game series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-war-launch-animated-676747

From an article about Justice League War.

The new continuity will not be limited to adapting storylines from the current New 52 line of DC superhero books, according to Justice League: War director Jay Oliva. "We can do original content, we can do New 52 stuff," he said. Indeed, Oliva's next animated project will be Batman: Arkham Asylum, based on the successful Batman: Arkham video games.

Warner Bros. plans to put out two home releases each year based in this shared continuity, with an additional DC animated project every year as a stand-alone, continuity-free project (Batman: Arkham fills that spot for 2014), although Tucker told CBR that such plans are "always subject to change."

I dunno about this. It's one thing to adapt the general elements of a comic universe to a movie without retelling any specific comic story verbatim (as is done with many live-action comic movies) or even make an almost exact panel-for-panel movie retelling of a popular comic story (lots of the direct-to-video animated movies). But in the case of the Arkham (game) universe, you've got a very specific story that already exists on video in cinematic cutscenes...and they want to adapt that to just another form of video (hand-drawn animation?). It would probably be boring to retread the exact same story in a slightly different wrapper. Now if it's simply set in the Arkham universe without retreading the same exact story (like a movie that takes place before AO, or between AO and AA...or after AC like the comics) that would be pretty cool.

It's not based on the games, it's set in the same universe. The title was previously announced as "Batman: Assault on Arkham."

It's not based on the games, it's set in the same universe. The title was previously announced as "Batman: Assault on Arkham."

That is not what the second paragraph I quoted says. Son of Batman will be in the same universe as War was though.

Probably another dc movie I won't like ever since Bruce Timm left .

Suicide Squad is a bizarre choice to focus on for an Arkham based movie. Feels like they're promoting whatever WB Montreal has planned as a follow up to Origins since they hinted at SS at the end.

Looking at that trailer, it seems like the original assumption that it was an original story set in the Arkhamverse was the right one. It does seem like it'd fit in with the Origins timeline, though, with Joker still alive and all.

It's kind of off putting seeing Conroy without Hamill, though. I was fine with Baker in Origins, but there wasn't Conroy in Origins, either. Conroy and Hamill are sort of the yin and yang of the TAS/DCAU/Arkham trifecta.

Just watched the trailer for this, looks amazing, I love the art design for Batman, great adaptation of the suit and Baker is getting a hold of the Joker's voice, it took me a second to realize it wasn't Hamill, miles better than what he did in Origins.

I just wish they'd a least got Tara Strong for Harley.

Trailer looks great! Too bad Hamill isn't back but Troy Baker did a damn fine job as the Joker in Arkham Origins.

Looks like the plot picks up after Arkham Origins now that Amanda Waller and Task Force X is in the picture. I'm happy they got C. C.H Pounder back, she's the definitive Amanda! :yess:

Almost thought Hamill was back for a second there. Troy Baker has really done well mastering the "Hamill Joker" voice!

Trailer looks great! Too bad Hamill isn't back but Troy Baker did a damn fine job as the Joker in Arkham Origins.

Looks like the plot picks up after Arkham Origins now that Amanda Waller and Task Force X is in the picture. I'm happy they got C. C.H Pounder back, she's the definitive Amanda! :yess:

I don't know why they made her such a chunk though. She wasn't heavy in Arkham Origins and hasn't been in the comics since the reboot at least.

This is great. I've never had time to play video games, but I've really been interested in alot of the video game Bats "mythos" stuff. Nice to finally have a piece of it summed up in a flick.

Back