Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the whole suit would benefit greatly from a more flat undersuit, the armor itself is already segmented like a jigsaw puzzle, even more than the new 52 or TDK armor, if the undersuit didn't have some many lines too it would be a lot better.

Even the cape seems to be super segmented in that concept art.... Why? Smh.

The cape looks good in the trailer though and the cowl is also super badass.

I just like how Arkham City Bruce Wayne is squeezed into his suit like one of those WWE guys.:lol

haha, I know. Some Wayne looks definitely stretch the believability of people not thinking Wayne could kick some ass. When he looks like Triple H in a suit, you'd figure some Gothamites would think, "hmmm." Same with Tim Sale's art - "Hey, Bruce Wayne is 6'10, 320 lbs - but no way could he be Batman!"

I think the whole suit would benefit greatly from a more flat undersuit, the armor itself is already segmented like a jigsaw puzzle, even more than the new 52 or TDK armor, if the undersuit didn't have some many lines too it would be a lot better.

Even the cape seems to be super segmented in that concept art.... Why? Smh.

The cape looks good in the trailer though and the cowl is also super badass.

Agreed. If it was a flat black / dark grey, with the segments on top of it, it would look much better and less busy. The contrast would look nice, instead of this lesson in distraction.

I think the problem lies in thinking of it as an "undersuit," so much as the suit itself. It's segmented because the armored areas are supposed to fit in where there's no grey. With that in mind, I think I'm able to appreciate it more, as the armored parts are there to protect the important business (vital organs, etc.), while the rest of the suit is pretty much classic Bats, so he has the freedom to move. I look at it as Bruce saying "my regular suit doesn't provide me with enough protection, but my armored suit severely hinders my mobility, so, I'm just going to take the best parts of both and combined them. Plus, Rocksteady kind of explained that with the idea that he'd want added protection, since, in this game, he'd be launching himself 40 feet in the air out of a vehicle moving 80 miles per hour.:lol

Since Arkham knight is coming to next gen only, i would really like the past games come to next gen (Tomb Raider, Last of us)

For purely selfish reasons, hell no. I just got my second Platinum trophies for both Asylum and City, and I don't think I've got anymore juice left between me and those two games. Out of curiosity, I'd absolutely love to see them. If I've learned one thing since replaying them, it's that, outside of cinematics, Asylum is starting to look quite dated. That being said, I think that one thing people should keep in mind is that companies like Sony are trying to push streaming services like Playstation Now. If you go through and remaster every game in your back-catalogue, eventually, there will be no point in anyone paying for the streaming service.

As far as Arkham Knight goes, I was just thinking about Origins, and one of the things a lot of people seemed to dislike was how they switched the gadget and detective mode buttons (L1 to L2; L2 to L1), but I'm kind of curious if they didn't do that at Rocksteady's behest. The reason I bring it up is that in an article about the Batmobile, I think it was either Sefton Hill or one of the game's designers said that you'd basically be able to summon the Batmobile at any time using L1. Maybe they were going to use Origins as a means for people to get accustomed to it? I can't speak for the legitimacy of anything, but it was just something I was thinking about that made me wonder.

All I can say is "I'll pretty much have the 'Share' button on the entire time I play this game." Seriously, I'm not one to be cocky, but, by the time this comes out, I'll have played so much AA, AC, and AO, that my Batman will be a certfied asskicker.:lol So far, I got my second platinum on Arkham City, and I'm working toward 100% completion for the whole thing. I've got two more challenge maps to do with Catwoman, and then I'll be moving onto her campaign mode. I've done all of the combat challenges for Robin, though, and I only need to finish the "Joker's Funhouse" map with Nightwing before I can move on to Predator stuff with him.

Long story short, though, since I just beat New Game Plus, as well as every Batman challenge (including the DLC ones), and I've almost completed all of Catwoman's, I'm bordering on sensory overload, when it comes to these games.:lol Now I've just got to do the other half of the Robin maps, the rest of Nightwing's stuff, do it all over again in campaign mode, and totally complete Harley's Revenge. Afterwards, I can move on to beating origins two more times, beating all of those challenge maps with Bats and Deathstroke, and somehow try to do those ridiculous multiplayer trophies. Seriously, help me; I'm dying here, and my biggest fear is that, by the time this game comes out, I won't even want to look at another Arkham title.:lol

WIP Prototype helmet by a costume and armor designer company.

Check it out! 10287027_381286352000263_7019012142828473662_o.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook. Looks like something Arkham related is coming tomorrow...

1010865_756024127763415_5598855676786086983_n.jpg

Back