Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #11 Matt Smith in Series 7 costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad that we'll miss the expansion packs. While I'd rather have a full figure, I thought it more likely an expansion pack could be done on the cheap and the shipping, etc would have been so low that it would have made sense to buy them.

I used to be a junky for quantity, so had no problem with just buying a full new figure, but personally, space and price are converging toward making expansion packs valid, especially for figures like the Doctor who the outfit itself is generally the same.

As it is, after the currency conversion and shipping the $200+ per figure is killing me.

I think we can all relate to finding these figures expensive, and space is a problem for many people. I guess in the end you have to make choices; I paid for Ten by thinning out my CO 5" Doctor Who collection, and actually I'm happier with a collection that has less figures which look almost the same - visually there's more variety in it now. For that money I got an amazing, all-time classic figure of Ten that will always be worth more than what I paid for it (not that I'd ever sell it). I saved a small amount of money for my two Sherlock's and am putting aside a tenner a week for them. One thing about BC is that I don't think their stuff will ever be equalled, never mind surpassed - not for many many years if ever, and I can't see the value dropping.

As for expansion packs BC did say that the head and clothes are the most expensive part of the figure so maybe they'll get some accessory based packs out someday. They did say on FB that the idea's not dead, just on hold while they evaluate the economic realities of doing them.

Even if the HS is exactly the same I'm in for this one. I loved this look for 11 and if it's cheap enough on the secondary you could get an eventual Capaldi head and go regeneration. :lol:

Purple. You can't go wrong with purple action figures. How fantastic is this going to look next to the eventual blue suit Tennant? Mindblowing. Add a Nine onhe other side and... well, just imagine it. Nu Who on your shelf.

I'd like a Meta-Crisis Doctor myself. Then I can more easily justify having two Tens. :lol

Hey, was anyone else missing the "Doctor's Invitation with Envelope" and "Doctor's Handkerchief" from their Eleventh Doctor figure? ROFL! I'm selling some of my Eleventh Doctor's accessories on eBay, and I was on Big Chief looking through the official accessory list when I spotted these. I googled them for pictures, and I was like...WTF? I never had those! Were those really included with the figure?

Hey, was anyone else missing the "Doctor's Invitation with Envelope" and "Doctor's Handkerchief" from their Eleventh Doctor figure? ROFL! I'm selling some of my Eleventh Doctor's accessories on eBay, and I was on Big Chief looking through the official accessory list when I spotted these. I googled them for pictures, and I was like...WTF? I never had those! Were those really included with the figure?

Yup! But didn't yours come without a cube as well or something? You sure unlucky, SlytherinPride.

Yup! But didn't yours come without a cube as well or something? You sure unlucky, SlytherinPride.

No, I got a cube. I had every other accessory (including Ten's damaged sonic that only came when you ordered via Big Chief). Just missing the handkerchief and invitation. I was poking around Google and noticed a comic book store had some (sold out) Eleventh Doctor figures where they actually specified he was missing the same two accessories. Weird. A common mistake, maybe? Guess I better check my Tenth Doctor carefully when he arrives. I was distracted because my Eleven's shirt and face were damaged by the red bow tie!

BCS have previewed the sculpt for the 12th Doctor, which is supposed to come with this figure:

10268658_10153069787766002_8705952222397324498_n.jpg

Why post that here? Start a new thread, I say.

As I mentioned when I posted, I'm 99% sure this is coming with the 11th Doctor Series 7b figure. It's been all but confirmed by BCS in the past that we're getting two heads with it. I don't think this is for a separate 12th Doctor figure yet.

EDIT: Seems I was wrong! This one has the shorter hair, so I guess it is supposed to be for an actual 12th figure! Thread started! Woot!

Last edited:
New pics via Facebook! He looks fantastic! There's the full shot and a close up of the head
.image.jpg
image.jpg

I don't like the lack of neck Matt seems to have. The original release suffered from the same thing. I had to disconnect the neck from the torso for it to look right. I really like Handles!

Definitely looks a lot better in this pic. Why would they release that first pic? It showcased the figure in a terrible light. I, personally, would never have released that pic.

Back